• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Worthless pound

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SDR's have steadily fallen out of use since the 80's and unless the US stops running a deficit they will remain so, so that's one dead end

The amero, the idea of a currency union between the US, Canada and Mexico so beloved by right wing conspiracy theory nuts, which always ignores one basic fact, who would demand on being top dog in that partnership?

For that reason above any other the other two would never go for it as they would basically be handing control of their economy’s to the US

America would basically have to fall to a level of a 3rd world country before they would even consider entering a "partnership of equals" with those other countries (especially Mexico) and until they agreed to such the others would never agree to it

After the fiasco over the last year or two with the euro zone countries doubt will even see academics talking about a global currency in theory for a decade or so, never mind anyone in power even thinking about trying to create it

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
      SDR's have steadily fallen out of use since the 80's and unless the US stops running a deficit they will remain so, so that's one dead end

The amero, the idea of a currency union between the US, Canada and Mexico so beloved by right wing conspiracy theory nuts, which always ignores one basic fact, who would demand on being top dog in that partnership?

For that reason above any other the other two would never go for it as they would basically be handing control of their economy’s to the US

America would basically have to fall to a level of a 3rd world country before they would even consider entering a "partnership of equals" with those other countries (especially Mexico) and until they agreed to such the others would never agree to it

After the fiasco over the last year or two with the euro zone countries doubt will even see academics talking about a global currency in theory for a decade or so, never mind anyone in power even thinking about trying to create it
      Uh huh. Read the papers lately? 42 million on food stamps, soaring unemployment and their currency collapsing around their ears. Their debt to GDP ratio is growing by around 1.6Trillion dollars annually and all they can do is raise the threshold of them defaulting.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        42 million on food stamps
        That's much better than paying pensioner like £70 per week and leaving them on their own.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          That's much better than paying pensioner like £70 per week and leaving them on their own.
          meh, we can afford it

Comment

Food stamps are evil. The are inefficient, encourages crime, and create a dependency culture.

It also leads to idiotic things like: NY May Ban Buying Sugary Drinks with Food Stamps
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
              Food stamps are evil.
              They ought to cost less overall than paying cash to buy food.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                They ought to cost less overall than paying cash to buy food.

They cost more because you have to create a system to produce them and pay the retailers for them.

The banks already had a system in place for pensions and other benefits to be paid electronically.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
                  Sorry but that's not true. They were used heavily in the bailout. I think I may have posted this earlier in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    They cost more because you have to create a system to produce them and pay the retailers for them.

The banks already had a system in place for pensions and other benefits to be paid electronically.
                    The system in the US is already in the form of a electronic card.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X