• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortgage Help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I asked the same question about five months ago. I only had only be contracting 18 months and had a limited for a year. I found that Woolwich came out best although the LTV was quite low. Didn't buy the house in the end, but it was still a useful process to go through.

Comment

When did you lot get the base rate + tracker rates, is it in the last year ?
      Got a Woolwich offset tracker which is .75 over BR, which I am very happy with at the mo, but need another couple of hundred k or so for an upgrade so interested in current options (got a big deposit 40%+)

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
        Got a Woolwich offset tracker which is .75 over BR, which I am very happy with at the mo, but need another couple of hundred k or so for an upgrade so interested in current options (got a big deposit 40%+)
        My BR + 0.49% was agreed somewhere around August/September last year, finally completed Nov 2009, took 4 months from 1st viewing to completion.
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
          it's more like BR + 2.49-2.99 these days

Comment

yeah, that's what I thought, rates will push back up and that is likely to sting when they do.

Comment

Working...
            X