• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Frankie Boyle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Personally I love Boyle. Near the knuckle, offensive humour that makes you wince. Beautiful. Bedwetter free zone.
    If I did not know better I'd say you were Boyle himself

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Personally I love Boyle. Near the knuckle, offensive humour that makes you wince. Beautiful. Bedwetter free zone.
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/art...-louis-theroux

Frankie does not have positive words to say about Ricky Gervais as a stand-up comedian. “If you’re a stand-up watching him, you feel like, ‘oh, that’s someone doing a version of what we do,’” he says. “But really, it’s that I saw him doing his routine about trans people and I thought it was very lazy [in a 2018 Netflix special, Gervais did a routine about Caitlyn Jenner and trans identity]. I would like him to have the same respect for trans people as he seems to have for animals. I don’t think that’s a lot to ask.”
      Wild stuff.

Comment

Genius comedian, but decided to limit his audience by choosing to be offensive. Same with Jimmy Car. Shame really, but it's a living I suppose.

It's like Taskmaster Beeped is just as entertaining as the "raw" program, but you can watch it with your kids. So why not just beep the show? Seems odd to me, but there seems to be a an audience sector that feel that if the word **** or **** doesn't appear, it's not grown up enough.

I loved the Maddie joke.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Genius comedian, but decided to limit his audience by choosing to be offensive. Same with Jimmy Car. Shame really, but it's a living I suppose.
          He ain't a genius and his audience is limited because he ain't that fecking funny. He's a ginger tosser who wets the bed. Funny is Fork/Four/handles/candles; written by a wordsmith and a far more intelligent and insightful man than the male Nicola Sturgeon will ever be!
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Boyle isn't funny. He used to work in my local library and being a total fanny is accepted behaviour round these parts. I am sure you can see.

Boyle made a name for himself doing a 'spas' joke on Jordan's kid. Gervais, who I consider a moderate fanny as well, at least tries to engage his jokes.

Comment

I used to love him. I've seen his stand up three times. First time I laughed from start to finish, so funny. Second time was a couple of years later & he just seemed bored with it.
              Last time was a few years ago at the Edinburgh festival. I think that was him trying to rebuild his career after the Harvey Price joke and he was awful. For some reason he was putting on one of those ridiculous Glasgow uni accents.
              I also caught some of his new world order show on TV recently. Not sure if that's actually supposed to be funny, but it's not. I'm actually embarrassed that he's Scottish.
              Btw in case anyone was wondering, no, I don't like him anymore [emoji23]
              If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                He ain't a genius and his audience is limited because he ain't that fecking funny. He's a ginger tosser who wets the bed. Funny is Fork/Four/handles/candles; written by a wordsmith and a far more intelligent and insightful man than the male Nicola Sturgeon will ever be!
                No. He isn't funny, My point was is that when he puts his mind to it, he can be very very funny. Sad that he chooses not to. He's got the intellect for it. There's close to the knuckle and there's offensive. He took the lazy approach, knowing that he'd have enough audience to live off.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
                  I used to love him. I've seen his stand up three times. First time I laughed from start to finish, so funny. Second time was a couple of years later & he just seemed bored with it.
                  Last time was a few years ago at the Edinburgh festival. I think that was him trying to rebuild his career after the Harvey Price joke and he was awful. For some reason he was putting on one of those ridiculous Glasgow uni accents.
                  I also caught some of his new world order show on TV recently. Not sure if that's actually supposed to be funny, but it's not. I'm actually embarrassed that he's Scottish.
                  Btw in case anyone was wondering, no, I don't like him anymore [emoji23]
                  Brutal accent.

I was watching Jim Kerr on sky arts last week talk about Simple Minds and his accent is utterly ridiculous.

Comment

I think you can class British comedians as "I make fun of poor people" types or "I've got some jokes that are funny"

Connelly didn't have to do this. Gervais either.

Comment

Working...
                    X