• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Project planning/tracking applicaitons

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project planning/tracking applicaitons

Just wanted to know what other PM's out there use to track, plan, resource their projects. I'm increasingly wanting a tool that has many PM elements in one app rather than spreading it over MS Project, Excel, word logs etc.

Any suggestions on good PM tools out there?

I always use client toolsets so 99% of the time that's MS Project and Office products mostly Excel.

Comment

Was going to give ProjectTrack a go and see what it can offer.... Any other suggestions?

Comment

Good managers don't need software, they do it all in their head..

HTH

Comment

As usual you're taking tulip

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
            As usual you're taking tulip
            Microsoft Projectile 2010

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              I always use client toolsets so 99% of the time that's MS Project and Office products mostly Excel.
              WHS.

The exception was Hydra which relied on the team leaders or work package developers putting in accurate timesheets and estimates-to-completion, which of course, they didn't.

My principle tool is called "Going over to them and asking them, then asking them again a different way until they tell the truth, then updating the MS Project plan and the Excel quality log accordingly, if I can be arsed."
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Milestones and a bit of paper.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

You should just have a list of jobs and an estimate for each job and if the devs never reach that delivery for the job on the estimate date you should just revise the date and then you can ask them again if they have completed on that new date, if they have not completed on that date just ask them again for a date and repeat the cycle.

Everyone is doing Agile.

I love Agile.

Comment

Trac:

The Trac Project
                    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
                    X