• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kindle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm off topic I know but what would happen if I were to put this free roaming sim in an iphone abroad. Free tinternet?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      hmmm off topic I know but what would happen if I were to put this free roaming sim in an iphone abroad. Free tinternet?
      You could try, but as soon as Amazon notice the usage pattern is different they will blacklist your Kindle and the SIM.
      "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post

How is it for lending to people? Lend the whole Kindle I suppose?
        Yes. Amazon are going to bring in lending but it's in its infancy.

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
          Now that I will be travelling 2 hours a day
          Get an iPad, read a bit, watch a movie, read some news, draft an email, watch a movie...
          Or... get a Kindle

For work reasons I have a whole bunch of e-readers (Sony, Kindle, Nook), I only use the iPad.

Comment

Originally posted by xchaotic View Post
            Get an iPad, read a bit, watch a movie, read some news, draft an email, watch a movie...
            Or... get a Kindle

For work reasons I have a whole bunch of e-readers (Sony, Kindle, Nook), I only use the iPad.
            I have an iPad but I don't fancy lugging it about, I would prefer something that fits in my jacket pocket, and I spend all day in front of LCD screens so I wan't something non backlit.

Comment

What's the deal with UK/US Kindles and buying eBooks from Amazon.com/.co.uk? Is mix & match allowed?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
              X