• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Check your fingers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I thought it was something to do with the amount of testosterone you're given in the womb, so I think there is some science behind it. Not sure I agree with Paddy's summation though.
    Yep, but there are lots of other indicators of high or low testosterone, and surely all those should be eliminated before concluding that finger length indicates risk of prostate cancer?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Yep, but there are lots of other indicators of high or low testosterone, and surely all those should be eliminated before concluding that finger length indicates risk of prostate cancer?
      Presumably. Perhaps it's just seen as the sort of 'breakthrough' that Joe Thicko Public might understand.

Researchers in Hurd's lab have collected reams of data on finger-length ratios, the length of the arms compared with body height, and facial measurement differences between men and women and among different ethnicities. But not all the findings agree with each other, which highlights that how genes are turned on and off is influenced by more than just prenatal testosterone exposure, he said.

Finger Length Could Point to Prostate Cancer Risk | My Health News Daily
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Well I'm completely f$£@£ thanks guys - what else can cheer me up.
        According to this:
        BBC NEWS | Health | Finger size link to earning power

You'll earn more than the rest of us before dying of prostate cancer. Every cloud ...

Comment

Working...
        X