• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car options.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    ist das normal ?

Milan.
    Yes, permies are supposed to be poor.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

How about a Mondeo... hardly flashy but you get a lot of car for your money. Even TopGear like it
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Bensey, it's not just the cost.

35K miles/year is how many extra hours worked?

Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

which means you are spending £500 a month just to get to work as a permie !!!

ist das normal ?

Milan.
          Aren't they supposed to pay YOU to work for THEM??

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            How about a Mondeo...
            I like driving in my car;
            It's not quite a Jaguar.

Well it is actually, in a way.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              So buy a Benz that's a couple of years older; MB diesels should easily manage 500k miles, some have done more than a million. They seem expensive, but in the long run they're cheap. German and Dutch taxi drivers have good reasons for buying them.
              I had three Mercs all excellent cars, I even bought a new one and picked it up from the factory in Sindelfingen however, the quality slipped badly in the 90s when the company was taken over by a USA manufacture. The cars even prematurely rusted. It is only in the past few years that they seem to have got back on track.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                I like doing my hours and having a life.

How's that working out for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post

How's that working out for you?
                  Brllliantly well - gives me plenty of evening time to wind up my neurotic neighbour.

I even had a nice long chat with somebody doing work on her house yesterday - was very amusing seeing her curtain twitch clearly hacked off that somebody actually got on very well with me!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                    Brllliantly well - gives me plenty of evening time to wind up my neurotic neighbour.
                    Yep, that's living alright

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                      Yep, that's living alright

Wilmslow - I seem to recall squillions of other "I might get a new car maybe possibly...." threads from you.
                      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                      X