• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Post viral fatigue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    [1] No.
    [2] No.

It's odd as I have been craving marmite recently. Had lashings of it on toast this evening and do feel a little brighter - although still very weak.

Apparently stress can deplete the body of vitamin B, and vit B deficiency symptoms are a lot like PVF.
    I take a complex vitamin B, which is the only thing I've ever taken that I notice makes a difference. Helps heart, brain and nervous system.

Was it you who'd suffered from this before?
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      I take a complex vitamin B, which is the only thing I've ever taken that I notice makes a difference. Helps heart, brain and nervous system.

Was it you who'd suffered from this before?
      Yip, just over a year ago. The only significant similarity between the two outbreaks is that I had significant periods of ball breaking stress as a precursor.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

So what happened?

Curious to learn what happened in this case, did you recover - if so, how long did it take you and how did you get there?

Comment

Originally posted by ar53 View Post
          Curious to learn what happened in this case, did you recover - if so, how long did it take you and how did you get there?
          History basically repeats itself. I was told by my doctor that once you've had PVF you are prone to it.

I caught a flu like illness back shortly after Christmas. I tried my hardest to just pull through. Get some exercise. Man up. Etc etc. here I am nearly 4 years on suffering the same symptoms.

I think if you are prone, you are prone. I know it gets better, and I'm glad I found this thread as it reminds me of when it happened last, and that it eventually got better.

Comment

History basically repeats itself. I was told by my doctor that once you've had PVF you are prone to it.

I caught a flu like illness back shortly after Christmas. I tried my hardest to just pull through. Get some exercise. Man up. Etc etc. here I am nearly 4 years on suffering the same symptoms.

I think if you are prone, you are prone. I know it gets better, and I'm glad I found this thread as it reminds me of when it happened last, and that it eventually got better.
            I prescribe a dose of MAN THE **** UP!
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              I prescribe a dose of MAN THE **** UP!

Excellent. I'll be sure to give that a whirl.

Comment

Anyone had it? How did you get it diagnosed? I have been ill for 13 weeks and steadily sinking lower. I had a week off a couple of weeks ago to try and get back on top, but it wasn't really a week off as I was chasing round after social workers, doctors and nurses while visiting my Grandfather in hospital.

I saw the doc a couple of weeks ago and he hinted at post viral fatigue as I have not really ever recovered from a bout of flu about 13 weeks ago. He has arranged blood tests, but the first time round they cocked the dates up and I have my second appointment this Wednesday.

It sometimes really irks me when people just give you a tap on the back and say, you'll be alright old chap, and all the time you just feel yourself sinking lower and lower. And the doctors just don't appear to listen and just put you on waiting lists for tests.

Can't I just keep ODing on vitamin C until it fecks off?
                Any chance of getting private health insurance? I get to see a private GP with ease and usually more than happy to put me through any tests they can think of.

Comment

Sorry to hear it SY. Rarely get anything myself but did feel a bit crappy for a few months last year. Did a correlation and my diagnosis was RELATIVES. Steer clear of the buggers if you want to stay healthy.

As for those online self diagnosis sites, prob. best avoided. Have a bit of pain in lower back and hips which is probably due to too much exercise, which has got to be a bit of an obsession recently. Then I read a charity leaflet and, damn it!, now I am convinced I must have prostate cancer!
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                  X