• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Video Camera - advice needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most newish smart-phones these days have 720p video cameras built in, Apple's iPhone and HTC's Desire are two examples, using one of these will save you carrying around a separate camera. The quality is as good as any camera out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Sorry, it can't. Digital SLRs can do some sort of HD but the lens on an SLR is totally different to the lens on video (by a long way)
      Seems that a DSLRs (and DSLR lenses) are good enough for mainstream broadcast TV:

House Season Finale Filmed Entirely with Canon 5D Mark II

Don't understand your point about image stabilisation either. Most HD video-capable DLRS now have IS either in the body or in the lenses.

Suggest OP has a look at www.dpreview.com and checks out the video capabilities of various cameras.
      Last edited by bogeyman; 9 December 2010, 20:19.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
        Need to do the voiceover while I'm on the job so I'll check out your microphone suggestion.
        Amateur!

Comment

Monster movie out this week was shot on a 5D. Haven't seen it yet but supposed to be good.

Personally, being a contractor, I'd just go out and buy a Red.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by freelancer75 View Post
            The quality is as good as any camera out there.
            I laughed so hard you owe me a new pair of pants.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              Monster movie out this week was shot on a 5D. Haven't seen it yet but supposed to be good.

Personally, being a contractor, I'd just go out and buy a Red.
              This looks good mind...

Panasonic announces AF105 Micro Four Thirds camcorder, interchangeable lenses not included -- Engadget

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
              X