• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Greatest toys of all time received for Christmas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the steam roller version of the Mamod engine, in green and red. It's still in my mums loft somewhere i think.

Back in the days when it was considered acceptable to leave small boys alone with a bottle of Meths and a box of matches
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      the mahmood steam engine

they really worked

Is that a sort of Middle Eastern copy of a Mamod steam engine?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I loved my Lego but my best present was a train set.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

For my 14th Birthday I got a 48k Zx Spectrum, I can still remember trying to code assembler in hexidecimal I don't think my eyes ever quite recovered from it

Oh how I laughed conning my parents into thinking I wanted it for educational purposes, when really I want it to play games

3D Ant Attack, the Ultimate Play The Game (now Rare) stuff like Jet Pac, and KnightLore, Hungry Horrace, Football Manager, Doomdarks Revenge I remember it well and anyone remember playing Hunter Killer you can setup deathmatches if you had a modem!

And a whole 48k, I can remember people saying just get the 16k one you'll never need 48k, and soon enough 16k wasn't enough for gaming
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

One Christmas I got a bike with gears on it. Also had some go faster stripes.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Tin can alley, why can't they make toy guns like they used to. I also had a magnet ball shooting game that was pretty good.

Lego,Atari 2600(?), and evil kennel were also good.

The best had to be my raleigh burner though, I spent more time on that bike than anything else.

Comment

[QUOTE=gingerjedi;1249967]This:

I ended up with a Philips G7000:

Only last week I looked at buying a 'Woody' Atari 2600 to fill that void!

Also another year I got a BBC Model B which was never quite as good on the games front as the ZX Spectrum. That said, it was a jolly good computer and I learnt Basic on it (I was only ten).

Comment

I had a computacar.
                  Computacar Ad 1969 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! - Aggregate
                  Programming it by punched card came in hand later when I learned FORTRAN..........

( don't have an old fogey smiley....)

Comment

Probably my first telescope, came in the biggest box I'd ever seen wrapped. 2.5inch reafractor, equatorial mount with a selection of lens and eyepieces, filters and a gadget for projecting an image of the sun onto a screen to see sunspots.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

I think my Dad got a bonus or a promotion the year I got a Matchbox SuperFast Hot Wheels Loop-the-Loop.

It was about 12 foot of track, with a loop, and a launcher thingy.

Mine had red track.
                      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X