• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for AtW

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Yes, and I've landed inbetween airport closures. Then airport was more or less closed for a few days - next flight after mine was diverted to St Petersburg and after landing passengers were offered to get to Moscow on their own (like 500 miles I think), or fly back to London!

Also: BA's business (aka club europe) lounge in Heathrow T5 is excellent, but Moscow's equivalent is tulip

And I still need a bloody sofa!
    Oh dear, not very successful and home now, back to the beanbag eh?
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      Oh dear, not very successful and home now, back to the beanbag eh?
      I've got a really nice chair - bought it many years ago but it was not in use in old place

Going to hunt sofas next month - given 3 month delivery tulip one should turn up right for my birthday in late May

Comment

I've got a really nice chair - bought it many years ago but it was not in use in old place

Going to hunt sofas next month - given 3 month delivery tulip one should turn up right for my birthday in late May
        I'm having a closing down sale. All stock must go.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I'm having a closing down sale. All stock must go.
          Do you sell sofas?

We bought one for office on ebay 18 months ago - it's a perfect sofa for office: not looks ok, and not actually comfy enough to sit on it for longer than 5 mins. I suspect I actually bought it from you - at least the bloke who delivered it matches your description

Comment

Do you sell sofas?

We bought one for office on ebay 18 months ago - it's a perfect sofa for office: not looks ok, and not actually comfy enough to sit on it for longer than 5 mins. I suspect I actually bought it from you - at least the bloke who delivered it matches your description
            Was it 100% leather. If so and then person looked like a young Brad Pitt mixed with Arnie then it could have been me.

If it was some cheap DFS tulipe though it was probably Dimprawn.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Yes, and I've landed inbetween airport closures. Then airport was more or less closed for a few days - next flight after mine was diverted to St Petersburg and after landing passengers were offered to get to Moscow on their own (like 500 miles I think), or fly back to London!

Also: BA's business (aka club europe) lounge in Heathrow T5 is excellent, but Moscow's equivalent is tulip

How do you get inside BA business lounge? Isn't it better to just dawdle round the duty free shops and then grab a pint in the bar to kill time? I quite like the Fosters Bar in Moscow Airport.
              Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                How do you get inside BA business lounge? Isn't it better to just dawdle round the duty free shops and then grab a pint in the bar to kill time? I quite like the Fosters Bar in Moscow Airport.
                Lots of ways...

Do a lot of flights with BA and get a frequent flyer pass.

Book first class seats.

Buy one of those lounge passes like PriorityPass.

Or fly with someone with access to the lounge.
                "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                  What is Russian for IT Contractor?

Is it:

Специалист по информационным технологиям, работающий по контракту

Or is it something based around:

Подрядчик
                  Mnogo prostitutek, ya dumayu tak shas....

Spasibo za infu, davai poka, udachi vam...

Showing off my Russian skills, some colloquial stuff in there, spotted a PM role in Moskva, EU2500 a day, I could be a PM for that.

What's a PM do, then?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    Mnogo prostitutek, ya dumayu tak shas....

Spasibo za infu, davai poka, udachi vam...

Showing off my Russian skills, some colloquial stuff in there, spotted a PM role in Moskva, EU2500 a day, I could be a PM for that.

What's a PM do, then?
                    They M P's.
                    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Yep - I also found the BA lounge at T5 good - very spacious, good food and no bl00dy kids running around!

Sometimes better than the destination!!

Tone

Comment

Working...
                      X