• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Annoying Phrases

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

I know it's not a problem, you goon - this is how it works. I order, you fetch.

Tossers.
    Sometimes it is a problem for them though, a difficult intellectual problem, judging by the baffled and frustrated expressions on their faces. Here's an example.

Every morning at 9am sharp I turn up at the canteen hatch at clientco to buy an English breakfast, and every morning as sure as fate the fried egg tray is empty.

People trickle in steadily from before than time and then for at least an hour afterwards, and many of them will order a fry up or an egg and bacon roll. So the daft woman behind the counter knows more eggs will soon be needed.

But she just stands there staring at the empty egg tray, until the next person asks for a meal that includes egg, whereupon she shouts round the corner into the kitchen "more eggs please", and a lengthening queue of us have to wait for ten minutes for these eggs to turn up.

Why can't the dozy vacuous cow order more eggs when she has served up the last one?! Or some minutes before?!! It's not effing motivic cohomology !!!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Sometimes it is a problem for them though, a difficult intellectual problem, judging by the baffled and frustrated expressions on their faces. Here's an example.

Every morning at 9am sharp I turn up at the canteen hatch at clientco to buy an English breakfast, and every morning as sure as fate the fried egg tray is empty.

People trickle in steadily from before than time and then for at least an hour afterwards, and many of them will order a fry up or an egg and bacon roll. So the daft woman behind the counter knows more eggs will soon be needed.

But she just stands there staring at the empty egg tray, until the next person asks for a meal that includes egg, whereupon she shouts round the corner into the kitchen "more eggs please", and a lengthening queue of us have to wait for ten minutes for these eggs to turn up.

Why can't the dozy vacuous cow order more eggs when she has served up the last one?! Or some minutes before?!! It's not effing motivic cohomology !!!
      Because then you would get cold manky eggs. Wouldn't you rather have nice fresh ones and get paid for standing around for 10 minutes?
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post

Because then you would get cold manky eggs. Wouldn't you rather have nice fresh ones and get paid for standing around for 10 minutes?
        Oh yes, I never thought of it like that. Hmm
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Oh yes, I never thought of it like that. Hmm
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

At the end of the day

2 more for the collection

BBC News - Ed Miliband to marry partner Justine Thornton in May
            Mr Miliband, who is MP for Doncaster, told The Doncaster Free Press it was "the right time" for the couple to tie the knot.
            "At the end of the day we're in our 40s and we've got two kids - so it wasn't a case of me suddenly popping the question. This is just something we think is right for us."

Ms Thornton said: "Ed wasn't even an MP when I met him and at the end of the day I am marrying him because of who he is and not because of what he's doing now.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
              Maybe it's an evening wedding.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

there was a group similar ladies in a canteen I used to go to- every day without fail:

they would only make on meal at a time - could take half hour to get served

every day ask for a large coffee- every day same lady would always ask 'is that 16oz?' , well that it what it says on that menu you must refer to over 100 times a day, it is also what I confirmed yesterday when you asked and for every day for the last two months

it took a good five mins to make a sarnie - honestly it was quite something to witness

and there would never be enough milk at morning peak time, without fail every day
                sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

"all over it". Guy I work with (previously mentioned in MP's annoying colleague thread), when asked to do something,. however mundane, replies with "I'm all over it". It's a relatively new saying of his, so maybe the novelty will wear off soon.

Comment

Coolio

Comment

Originally posted by 2BIT View Post
                      there was a group similar ladies in a canteen I used to go to- every day without fail:

they would only make on meal at a time - could take half hour to get served

every day ask for a large coffee- every day same lady would always ask 'is that 16oz?' , well that it what it says on that menu you must refer to over 100 times a day, it is also what I confirmed yesterday when you asked and for every day for the last two months

it took a good five mins to make a sarnie - honestly it was quite something to witness

and there would never be enough milk at morning peak time, without fail every day
                      I see your canteen stories and raise you-

Clientco canteen where they never had any change despite being a major high street bank with cash machine* adjacent to canteen. Of course that fact that they didn't have any change was your fault.

Clientco canteen that was open from 12.00 - 14.00 when, having finished a particularly tricky task, we walked in at 13.45 - the canteen lady's first words were "I hope you haven't come in here wanting food".

*as in "do you have anything smaller?" - no, that's the smallest denomination the machine issues.

Comment

Working...
                      X