• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bob says you are all lazy bastards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Is Suityou Indian then?
    No more than you are a chief.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      No more than you are a chief.
      And you are miss chief?

Comment

I've worked with and had very good Indian teams I'll have you know. It all depends on how you manage people.
        I've found that the good ones are very good at clear logical steps, they can do those tasks extremely well. It's where they have to engage their initiative on a project that I feel they stumble.

Now whether that is because they are a risk averse culture or just pure bulltulipters I don't know.
        "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

I think there may be a grain of truth in this.

I have heard of one immigrant innovating industrialist who puts in so many hours at work, he doesn't even have a chair at home to sit on.

Nor a settee.

<snigger>
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            And you are miss chief?

Well, erm, possibly. I'll do my best
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              British work-ethic condemned by Indian tycoon - Telegraph

Do the needful please, plenty cheapness and much quickness if you don't mind.
              The Times claims that Mr Tata said British managers were “lazy”. At no stage in the interview did Mr Tata make this comment. This entire interview was recorded and the transcript will confirm the misinformation created by this alleged quote.

Tata therefore wishes to make clear that The Times article fundamentally misrepresents the interview.
              I see that my decision not to subscribe to The Times online edition seems justified.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I've worked with and had very good Indian teams I'll have you know. It all depends on how you manage people.
                Sounds like you managed them better than your shop selling old tat...

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Mr Tata, you may have noticed that most people in Britain live in clean, well maintained houses in neighbourhoods with proper roads, sewage systems and even some nice trees to freshen the air. They quite like being at home because in most cases, it's quite a nice place with a nice roast chicken in the oven. Maybe people in India stay at work longer because for many of them, going home involves leaving a comfortable, clean, air conditioned office to traipse through open sewers and piles of garbage and dying lepers on the way to a cramped and dirty little shack in the hope that their wife's scraped together enough rice for them to have a meal before grabbing a few hours kip in one room with the rest of their extended family.

But of course, Mr Tata, I expect you've forgotten how most people in India live.
                  I recently saw an advert at my local train station encouraging me to donate to a hospital in Mumbai.

Given that the last gentleman from Mumbai claimed he was here to steal my job, and then proceeded to turn up late for work and knock off early every day, I ain't going to contribute a single rupee.

Comment

Originally posted by TiroFijo View Post
                    Sounds like you managed them better than your shop selling old tat...
                    In MF's defense it was brand new tat.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      Actually I've just read the article and he's got a point.
                      And you have the bear in mind that he's talking about companies from a state owned background.

Comment

Working...
                      X