• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to report a cowboy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
    How would you go about reporting a cowboy?
    With great care to make sure I didn't get sued.

Comment

I'm just interested in how you'd deal with a contractor you worked with who you had huge suspicions was there on the basis of a false cv. It's obvious when it happens.
      You don't.

The job of a CV is to highlight a person positively. Some people interpret that to mean that they shouldn't tell the full truth.

Either way lots of people can do their job well enough regardless of the rubbish they put or didn't put on their CV.

Leave him be and make sure you don't do his work for him.

The client will remove him soon enough if he can't do the work, and learn that their interview process was wrong.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        You don't.

The job of a CV is to highlight a person positively. Some people interpret that to mean that they shouldn't tell the full truth.

Either way lots of people can do their job well enough regardless of the rubbish they put or didn't put on their CV.

Leave him be and make sure you don't do his work for him.

The client will remove him soon enough if he can't do the work, and learn that their interview process was wrong.
        you seem very defensive of cowboys... maybe too blind to see they are bad for contracotrs in that they take our opportunities and defame us professionally, or maybe you're a cowgirl yourself? I hope not.

and no I am not doing work for this cowboy, because I'm not stupid, and that's what the cowboy is trying to do, the cowboy has already tried to take credit for my findings but I'm always many steps ahead of the game and had informed my supervisors prior to his claims of my findings

yes the cowboys get found out, but by then they can claim to have had 'experience' somewhere they should never have been at in the first place, and then move onto their next victim

Comment

you seem very defensive of cowboys... maybe too blind to see they are bad for contracotrs in that they take our opportunities and defame us professionally, or maybe you're a cowgirl yourself? I hope not.

and no I am not doing work for this cowboy, because I'm not stupid, and that's what the cowboy is trying to do, the cowboy has already tried to take credit for my findings but I'm always many steps ahead of the game and had informed my supervisors prior to his claims of my findings

yes the cowboys get found out, but by then they can claim to have had 'experience' somewhere they should never have been at in the first place, and then move onto their next victim
          There is a phrase I seem to use too often on this site:-

Tulip happens. You can either ignore it or worry about it and have an early heart attack.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Has the cowboy also stolen your puncuation ?
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              You don't.

That's acting fraudulently. You seem to defend such behaviour.

Comment

contractor
                Tsk! they are all the same
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  Has the cowboy also stolen your puncuation ?
                  No the cowboy has done nothing wrong personally to me except on the odd occasion try and take credit for my moments of brilliance, unknowingly to the cowboy I had already revealed my exceptional work to my supervisors so his subsequent claims and pretences of having found things out have been met quietly with the contempt which they deserve.

Comment

No the cowboy has done nothing wrong personally to me except on the odd occasion try and take credit for my moments of brilliance, unknowingly to the cowboy I had already revealed my exceptional work to my supervisors so his subsequent claims and pretences of having found things out have been met quietly with the contempt which they deserve.
                    Then as long as you make the client know whose doing the work then don't worry.

If he's good enough then they will keep him. If he annoys them with his bulltulip they won't.

One reason why lots of people lie is because lots of companies are too rigid on their specifications. I have no need to lie and in fact the last time someone checked out my CV, qualifications and references they found I don't.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

JHC on a bike. You must be an absolute gas to work with..............
                      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                      X