Great Start To The Week Great Start To The Week
Posts 1 to 9 of 9

TykeLike

SimonMac is a fount of knowledge

Default Great Start To The Week

Well looks like I have cocked up already and I have only been in the office 30 mins today, set of a data migration to run over the weekend as it takes a bloody age to complete and seems I set it off in Dev rather than Test.

Its gonna be a long week....
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Banned

wurzel is too good to be a permie

You're in good company.

was just testing some Sql scripts & removed my windows login from the server admins role group to test the error handling.

I thought I had the sa password. I don't. Don't have local admin rights to my machine either so can't reset sa password. I can either put in a request to security which will take days or to be re-install sql server.

Super poster

amcdonald is too good to be a permie

I was supposed to have a progress meeting Monday and Friday noticed I'd forgotten to do something I'd promised to do, so got in real early this morning wrote lots of mad code and fixed the problem only to find

a) It wasn't really urgent
    b) Meeting is postponed till tommorrow

Now I'm ahead of schedule on everything, and if I don't start slacking I'll upset the permies
    Doing the needful since 1827

Double Godlike!

Spacecadet is a permanent contractor

M62 was closed this morning which meant that I was 5 minutes late in to the client site
    Coffee's for closers

TykeLike

It would be funny enough to be able to laugh it off if today wasn't the day that I had to submit the invoice for the last 4 weeks payments lol
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

My post count is Majestic

MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    It would be funny enough to be able to laugh it off if today wasn't the day that I had to submit the invoice for the last 4 weeks payments lol
    Did you sign it cretin?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

TykeLike

Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Did you sign it cretin?
    No just a big X in crayon next to the cash amount

― Marcus Aurelius

Suffers Fools...Badly!

shaunbhoy is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    No just a big X in crayon next to the cash amount
    Well watch they don't pay it into sasguru's account then.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

TykeLike

And it gets better!

In trying to fix the original balls up, instead of reversing the upgrade, I initiated a full rebuild so lost the Dev a weeks worth of data.

I need a drink

― Marcus Aurelius