• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prevent global warming, burn more coal!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Never said it wasn't. Doesn't stop people from cashing in on it.
    Shame on those people ...

I think it's a shame good scientists are ridiculed and the only ones that are supported and funded are ones that back flawed theories .....

Comment

Actually 7 out of the last 10 European winters were warmer than average. The snows last December seem to have been due to a shift in wind patterns, while it was cold here it was breaking warm temperature records in Canada. Amazing as it may seem, the IPCC are aware of the sun and its cycles, and it is a factor in the models. Unfortunately the cooling effect of a sun 'stuck' in a Maunder Minimum would be cancelled out by just 5 years worth of greenhouse gas emissions at current rates.

After all the additional energy trapped in the atmosphere by manmade GHGs is equivalent to detonating 1 million Hiroshima bombs every single day.
      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
        Actually 7 out of the last 10 European winters were warmer than average. The snows last December seem to have been due to a shift in wind patterns, while it was cold here it was breaking warm temperature records in Canada. Amazing as it may seem, the IPCC are aware of the sun and its cycles, and it is a factor in the models. Unfortunately the cooling effect of a sun 'stuck' in a Maunder Minimum would be cancelled out by just 5 years worth of greenhouse gas emissions at current rates.

After all the additional energy trapped in the atmosphere by manmade GHGs is equivalent to detonating 1 million Hiroshima bombs every single day.
        Gosh... have no fear, they're building modern renewable energy farms, problem sorted:

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post

Gosh... have no fear we can rely on renewables to provide reliable power:

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
            Shame on those people ... I think it's a shame good scientists are ridiculed and the only ones that are supported and funded are ones that back flawed theories .....

They're only ridiculed if they don't support the wider agenda.

Is there true freedom of speech on the internet? Seems everything is still open to censorship or legal challenge if you dare say something that people with more power than you don't agree with.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
            X