• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things to do in London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Westminster Skeptics might be interesting.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
      Going to be spending some time in London over the next few months, there is only so many Pot Noodles and Tissues I can use in my hotel, so looking for ideas for things to do on a weekday evening in London...
      Sneer at people who live in the North
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Go on DA unlighten us ... why?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Go on DA unlighten us ... why?

Its in his contract as a pearly queen
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

or i could attend a lecture by one of the more infamous bearded weirdie's

Richard Stallman - it's free software and it gives you freedom / Creative & Social Technologies, Goldsmiths, London

should be good for a laugh
            Have you seen his list of demands for giving a speech? It's quite something, especially the friendly parrot

https://secure.mysociety.org/admin/l...er/007647.html

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              Have you seen his list of demands for giving a speech? It's quite something, especially the friendly parrot

https://secure.mysociety.org/admin/l...er/007647.html
              A mate of mine had him stay over at his a few years ago, as he prefers staying at peoples houses to staying in hotels. He said 'never again'
              Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

so looking for ideas for things to do on a weekday evening in London...
                I'm in the same position so started an Open Uni course...keeps me a bit busy.
                And on the eighth day God said, "Okay, Murphy, you're in charge!"

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  See what's on at the theatre - many mid-week tickets are reduced.

Last year in London, three of us got together and did a culture evening most weeks - went to the theatre, ballet, opera, comedy.....

Not sure whether it counts as culture, but I went to see Avenue Q with cojak
                  And what a hoot it was!

But I agree with all the above. Go to the cinema. Or a pub gig. Or buy a uke and turn up at the Royal George on a Wednesday for a thrash. Or window shop around Coventry Garden or Oxford St.

Get the Time Out app, that will give you all sorts of ideas.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Or even go to a CUK evening, where you will at least meet me and Bunk.

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                      And what a hoot it was!

But I agree with all the above. Go to the cinema. Or a pub gig. Or buy a uke and turn up at the Royal George on a Wednesday for a thrash. Or window shop around Coventry Garden or Oxford St.

Get the Time Out app, that will give you all sorts of ideas.
                      Time Out is the answer, although there was none of this app malarkey in my day. Pick a fringe play with a good review of a film at the NFT or Renoir and see something you wouldn't normally bother with.

Comment

Working...
                      X