• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doom war disaster armageddon doom middle east going to explode doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Such an Israeli action would be insane. Israel is one of the world's foremost military powers in terms of firepower and technology but due to the small size of the nation, one tenth of that of Iran, they would need to deliver a decisive knock out blow within about 3 months. Unlikely.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Now the Graniaud is leading with a story about how an imminent US attack on Iran is possible...

link

Comment

Thanks for the heads up guys.

Such a conflict would have the price of oil soaring. A pretty penny to be made by us dirty spekulants.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
          Now the Graniaud is leading with a story about how an imminent US attack on Iran is possible...

link
          Interesting about the cyber attacks/wars being waged, albeit a one-sided one.

Looks like someone has been bumping off Iranian scientists for some time too. Dangerous profession.

Is Iran losing the intelligence war? | Meir Javedanfar | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Remember what happened to Gerald Bull, of supergun fame.

<pop><pop><pop>

Oh dear I've got a dreadful headache.
            Well, the Israelis publicly announced a few years ago that it's enemies weren't safe and national boundaries would not be respected in their bid to protect themselves from those they deemed as a threat.

Mordechai Vanunu!?! anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Remember what happened to Gerald Bull, of supergun fame.

<pop><pop><pop>

Oh dear I've got a dreadful headache.
              Gerald Bull had worked for so many parties in so many critical defence projects that he became an asset and a liability for several powerful groups at the same time.[26] It has been speculated that variously members of the Mossad, the CIA, the MI6, Chilean, Iraqi, Iran's VEVAK, or South African government were behind the assassination.
              Crikey, talk about unpopular.

Comment

Israel has acted before against a perceived nuclear threat. Given US troops in Iraq and civil unrest in Syria et al, they may strike sooner rather than delay. That would also minimise US/UK involvement (although, no doubt, assistance would be provided in spades).

BBC ON THIS DAY | 7 | 1981: Israel bombs Baghdad nuclear reactor

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Well, the Israelis publicly announced a few years ago that it's enemies weren't safe and national boundaries would not be respected in their bid to protect themselves from those they deemed as a threat.

Mordechai Vanunu!?! anyone?
                  No wonder Obama wants to stay on their good side.
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                    No wonder Obama wants to stay on their good side.
                    Obama wants to stay on Israel's "good" side so that he can garner the Jewish vote, pure and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      Obama wants to stay on Israel's "good" side so that he can garner the Jewish vote, pure and simple.
                      Yeah, I know that. I was trying to make a joke about Mossad knocking him off if he wasn't friendly.

Maybe I should use or more often.
                      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                      X