• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stek's depressing film of choice for tonight...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I ended up reading "On the Beach" instead, which was very good but perhaps the saddest thing I ever read.
    Read the book and seen the film in my teens. Found both a bit depressing. On the subject of "If you knew your days were numbered, what would you do?", I can heartily recommend "The Bucket List".
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by TinTrump View Post
      It is a great book but not seen the film.
      If you're in the market for engrossing but depressing films, try "Requiem for a Dream".
      I find "Requiem for a dream" more boring than depressing - yeah yeah, drugs are bad and you'll end up being a h00ker or in jail or dead. In my opinion it didn't approach the subject in a different way, just the same way as a movie in channel 5 on a sunday at lunch time.

I find "Dancer in the dark" pretty depressing.

Comment

want a depressing and yet uplifting film? try senna

Comment

8mm
          Leaving Las Vegas
          Requiem for a dream

There's a few cheery suggestions for you.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by carlosLondon View Post
            I find "Requiem for a dream" more boring than depressing - yeah yeah, drugs are bad and you'll end up being a h00ker or in jail or dead. In my opinion it didn't approach the subject in a different way, just the same way as a movie in channel 5 on a sunday at lunch time.
            "Requiem..." was written by Hubert Selby Jr and draws on his own experience of addiction to legal & illegal drugs. He also wrote "Last Exit to Brooklyn", another challenging film. The books are well worth reading.
            Last edited by TinTrump; 8 November 2011, 14:47. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
              Read the book and seen the film in my teens. Found both a bit depressing. On the subject of "If you knew your days were numbered, what would you do?", I can heartily recommend "The Bucket List".
              I do like that film.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

16 years of alcohol is bleak - no happy ending here

Comment

Working...
                X