• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A successful European economy!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Where's Bodrum?
    As it happens Istanbul is one of my favourite cities.
    For once I'm going to take your post seriously - I think a trip next spring is on the cards and an investigation into the property market there.
    Bodrum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lots of flights to Bodrum from most UK airports.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Bodrum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lots of flights to Bodrum from most UK airports.
      Looks good and plenty of cultural stuff too.
      Cheers, looks like I've sadly been neglecting Turkey in the holiday stakes.
      Maybe next year will be Turkey year.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        True. Rather silly of some EU governments to block Turkey's EU membership. We need them a lot more than they need us.
        There is a view that the UK backs Turkish membership as it would actually hinder EU integration (the once "Sick Man of Europe", of which only about 3% of its territory is in Europe). That's why France and Germany are chief amongst those reluctant to progress its membership.

Comment

Would people stop talking up Turkey like it's the best thing since sliced bread.

It has an appalling human rights record.

Religious nutters in abundance only too keen to put martyr you.

Earthquakes are plenty.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Would people stop talking up Turkey like it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Earthquakes are plenty.
            Food there gave me and wife such bad guts had to tulip into a plastic bag at the hospital and have all sorts of tests for severe food poisoning. Apart from that and the mostly unfriendly people it was great.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              They're not booming because some people decided to go there for their hols rather than Greece, you plonker.
              A lot of the holidaymakers there are (new) Russians and boy you want to see them, or not. Fat, ugly, bejewelled, pig ignorant, no manners and thats just the women...
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Earthquakes are plenty.
                As long as they have the Money - do you think the Markets care 2p for Human Rights.

Nope - Rights are all Wrong - just look at the way Sarkozty was crawling to China last week - if Gaddafii was still in power I bet he would be asking for help from there ...

Comment

Anyway at this rate of growth they'll be the richest country in Europe in one generation.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                  X