TV shows from the USA TV shows from the USA - Page 101
Page 101 of 117 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Posts 1,001 to 1,010 of 1164

Super poster

jmo21 is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post

The very ending was a little weak IMO though.
    I hated the ending.

Symmetry to his fathers, but never really understood why it was the trucker that his mum met (other than the crow barred cameo of Michael Chiklis)

Great show overall though.

Banned

Big Blue Plymouth is NOT a disguised employee

I'm trying to get into Mad Men but failing big time.

On season 1 ep 9. Does it get any better? Does anything ever actually happen?

People rave about this but I'm finding it very dull.

Super poster

Hobosapien - scorchio!

Been enjoying:

Billions season 2 - not as good as season 1 but still enjoyable, even if Maggie Siff barely got out her S&M costume this season. Just one cameo appearance.

Archer season 8 - 'Dreamland' - another change of direction after Archer P.I. and Archer Vice. Still the best adult cartoon on the box. Though the complete series of Futurama is on sky box sets so I've started re-watching via NowTV.

Silicon Valley season 4 - 'Not a hot dog'

Guilty pleasures: Blindspot season 2, Supergirl season 2

Also watched Fear The Walking Dead season 2. Not a patch on The Walking Dead but at least fills the gap to some degree and some of the characters have become more interesting since season 1. Season 3 starts 4th of June so will keep an eye out for that.

Game of Thrones season 7 starts July 17th.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Lord of the Vectras

VectraMan - scorchio!

I've been trying to watch the first season of Sons of Anarchy, but finding it too hard to get into.

The new series of Better Call Saul has been alternating between being a bit boring, and thrilling. Also got to the end of Orange is the new Black last night just in time for the new series in a couple of weeks.

Fargo S3 (with Ewan McGregor) starts on the 31st on C4.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Banned

Pip in a Poke 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by VectraMan View Post
    I've been trying to watch the first season of Sons of Anarchy, but finding it too hard to get into.

The new series of Better Call Saul has been alternating between being a bit boring, and thrilling. Also got to the end of Orange is the new Black last night just in time for the new series in a couple of weeks.

Fargo S3 (with Ewan McGregor) starts on the 31st on C4.
    Oh great.

I really enjoyed the first two with Billy Bob Thornton and Kirsten Dunst.

Don't like Ewan MacGregor at all though. Gives me the willies so that's another good show ruined.

My post count is Majestic

d000hg - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    I'm trying to get into Mad Men but failing big time.

On season 1 ep 9. Does it get any better? Does anything ever actually happen?

People rave about this but I'm finding it very dull.
    I think if you haven't got into it by now, you won't. If Don's character doesn't grab you and the period setting and heavy drinking is uninteresting... themes develop but that's the foundation of the show.

It's quite weird. It's trying to be some serious show but it's almost slapstick (in the first series, it gets very violent and grim later). I think like Mad Men, if the setting and key characters don't grab you then it's just not your thing. The story arcs only get more far-fetched.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

Super poster

Hobosapien - scorchio!

It has it's moments but not one I'll be in a hurry to re-watch. Once you realise it's all about the blond guy it becomes a bit predictable like a soap.

The new series of Better Call Saul has been alternating between being a bit boring, and thrilling.
    A show on my 'to watch' list I've not got round to yet. Plan on re-watching Breaking Bad that I've got on blu-ray first, when I get round to that too.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Banned

Pip in a Poke 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by Hobosapien View Post
    It has it's moments but not one I'll be in a hurry to re-watch. Once you realise it's all about the blond guy it becomes a bit predictable like a soap.

A show on my 'to watch' list I've not got round to yet. Plan on re-watching Breaking Bad that I've got on blu-ray first, when I get round to that too.
    I Really enjoy the episodes that are focused on Mikey and his run ins with Hector Salamanca. Great that Gus Fring, played by the excellent Giancarlo Esposito, is back in the show too.

My post count is Majestic

d000hg - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Yeah there are some good characters in there but the lead is not really one of them... he's just eye candy.

Is he the one in the new King Arthur movie?
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

More time posting than coding

doconline is a permanent contractor

Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    Yeah there are some good characters in there but the lead is not really one of them... he's just eye candy.

Is he the one in the new King Arthur movie?
    Yes, that's the one.

Am looking forward to the new series of Twin Peaks, will hopefully catch up on that over the weekend.