• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV shows from the USA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Have walking dead 1 & 2 lined up. Any good or should I keep looking?
    Give it a go. I got stuck in episode 1. Didn't grab me. I may try again when I'm thru with Dexter.

Comment

I was pleasently surprised to discover a new series of Californication has started

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
        I was pleasently surprised to discover a new series of Californication has started
        Back end of last series and the new series are utter tripe, which is a shame. Always liked it up until then.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          Just finished series one of Homeland. Bit meh really. Prolly won't bother with series 2 for a while

Have walking dead 1 & 2 lined up. Any good or should I keep looking?
          Walking dead 2 gets a tad soap opera near the end, series 3 is way better.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            Back end of last series and the new series are utter tripe, which is a shame. Always liked it up until then.
            I genuinely thought the end of last season was then end and although was a bit disappointed it was the end, i thought it had run its course and they ended it at a good time.

It is obvious that this season is an afterthought, and was not written with the other seasons. But saying that i still am enjoying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              Give it a go. I got stuck in episode 1. Didn't grab me. I may try again when I'm thru with Dexter.
              I quite like it but essentially, nothing happens in about 75% of the episodes... it really takes the suspense to an extreme because it's not like every episode something scary will happen.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                I quite like it but essentially, nothing happens in about 75% of the episodes... it really takes the suspense to an extreme because it's not like every episode something scary will happen.
                Yeah, that's all very well and the same can be said for many episodes of many things, but something interesting has to happen, the plot has to move forward in a way that the viewer can at least say "ahhhhhhh I see" or "hummm I wonder where this is going".

This may be stating the bleedin' obvious but with all film and TV, you (well I) have to have some emotional response to the key characters (such as, "I like him, therefore I care what happens to him") but with the main character in Walking Dead I basically didn't like him so I wasn't engaged and didn't give a t0ss. When I try again I'll watch more and see if I get to liking him.

Until then, I'm rewatching Breaking Bad this time with GF Platypus (who's enjoying it) and approaching the end of Dexter series 3 (so lots more to go there). Then we have Game of Thrones starting again on 1/4/13.

I hear some good reports on Sons of Anarchy but not sure if that'll be my cup o' tea. PLus I have the Six Feet Under boxset that I haven't even opened yet. So Walking Dead will have to wait for now!

Comment

Suits is pretty good and gets better in season 2.
                  White Collar is ok, I'm not sure how it got all those reviews as it's completely formulaic, but gets better 2/3ds of the way through season 1.
                  How To Make It In America was ok, but got binned after season 2
                  Breaking Bad is outstanding

Comment

I really rate Archer. Series 3 is brilliant. Some superb scriptwriting.

"I like my women like I like my coffee; black, bitter and preferably free trade..."
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                      I really rate Archer. Series 3 is brilliant. Some superb scriptwriting.

"I like my women like I like my coffee; black, bitter and preferably free trade..."
                      Interesting recommendation, I'll bookmark it.

The coffee line is ripped off from Airplane!

12 yo boy to 12 yo girl "How do you take your coffee?"
                      12 yo girl "black, like my men"

Comment

Working...
                      X