• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Most desirable place to live in the Uk.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live in a neighboring borough

Comment

Change the criteria and you'll get a completely different set of results.

Load of old bollox if you ask me.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Odd that Birmingham isn't even in the list?
        I'd be quite happy if B'Ham was bombed by anyone. Doesn't surprise that this piss hole wasn't mentioned - though bit shocked that nothing in Ribble Valley made it at all. I suspect bias.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I lived in Fleet for a year or two and found it a nice area, but the people were a bit funny.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Odd that Birmingham isn't even in the list?
            Why is it odd

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              Change the criteria and you'll get a completely different set of results.

Load of old bollox if you ask me.
              sore loser
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

What about the worst place to live?.....

I nominate my present abode...West Cumbria, very handy for Sellafield.

If you like living in a bleak minimum-wage rust-belt, and working for pigs, then by all means move here :-)

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  "No places in northern England, Scotland or Wales were in the top 50 locations."

That'll be because it's so grim up north.
                  Indeed. Hate living in this craphole .... Northerners ...... pahhhhhh ...

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                  I'd be quite happy if B'Ham was bombed by anyone. Doesn't surprise that this piss hole wasn't mentioned.
                  I dont think anyone would notice the difference if it were bombed .....

Just like liverpool, nobody would noticed if half human > half pig people were genetically engineered as they all look like they have snouts and squeal like pigs ....

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post

Just like liverpool, nobody would noticed if half human > half pig people were genetically engineered as they all look like they have snouts and squeal like pigs ....

oink. mmmmm....truffles
                    oink

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I've got to be honest. Even though I am a born-and-bred Northerner myself, I see what you mean.

If my balls drop tonight, I will take a map of Great Britain and fold it from the Severn to the Wash and tear it in half.

If I REALLY win, then I will never be seen North of the Alps again :-)

Comment

Working...
                      X