• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plasma or LED/LCD ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAH View Post
    How does it cope with multiple people scattered around the room?
    Some sort of sorcery... facial detection, etc. I read an article about a prototype that could track up to 9 (or maybe 7) people at once.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
      I've found myself a HD/3D 60" plasma at just over £1,000. It's clearly not the greatest tech out there but it'll give me what I want for the next few years and then we'll move on again.

True. Though as I can't be arsed with 3D (no movie out yet really capitalises on it, apart from maybe Piranha 3D with Kelly Brook ) I got a decent 50" plasma for £550. The 60" model was almost a grand extra.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Some sort of sorcery... facial detection, etc. I read an article about a prototype that could track up to 9 (or maybe 7) people at once.

I wonder what the pets make of the 3D. No way can the tech differentiate between cats, dogs, and hairy people.
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I wonder what the pets make of the 3D. No way can the tech differentiate between cats, dogs, and hairy people.
          I doubt StreetView, Picassa and the £0.49 iPhone facial recognition apps detect cats as people very often.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

My 3 year old ran away from the demo 3D TV screaming because she thought the scary (cartoon) character was coming out of the TV to get her. The 3D must be good, I thought.

This was in a Currys store with lots of other people standing around the 3D demo!

I must admit that I was quite pleasantly surprised by the 3D picture.

Comment

Working...
            X