• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If I have job in Belgium...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Thanks BB.

Which country would be better for family to live given the choice? Liege, Belgium or Aachen or Germany or Maastricht, Netherlands?
    Tax wise you're stuck with the Belgium system, so just a matter of what place you prefer really. Don't really know those places that well. On the whole Belgium is a bit scruffier and less amenities than NL or Germany, but must admit I quite like it. Probably best go for the place with the most expats; and I wouldn't know which one that would be, probably the bigger the place the better it would be.

It does look like that Liege has a nice outdoor pool:

Outdoor pool nearby is a prerequisite when you want to choose somewhere to live. Aachen also has one, probably several.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 5 January 2012, 11:54.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
    X