What's worse than a bungee cord snapping? What's worse than a bungee cord snapping?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1

    More fingers than teeth

    TimberWolf is too good to be a permie

    TimberWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,505

    Default What's worse than a bungee cord snapping?

    Ans: A bungee cord snapping, plunging into a crocodile infested rapids with your legs tied together and then having to teach people first aid on yourself.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlVG...layer_embedded

    Not a great day.

    Looks as if she was still quite high up when the cord snapped, judging from the elapsed time of her splash after it snapped.

  2. #2

    TPAFKAk2p2

    mudskipper is always on top

    mudskipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Null island
    Posts
    26,192

    Default

    Saw that on telly. She escaped with cuts and bruises. Has (re)affirmed my intention NEVER to go bungee jumping.

  3. #3

    More fingers than teeth

    TimberWolf is too good to be a permie

    TimberWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k2p2 View Post
    Saw that on telly. She escaped with cuts and bruises. Has (re)affirmed my intention NEVER to go bungee jumping.
    They say it is totally safe on the news clip.

  4. #4

    TPAFKAk2p2

    mudskipper is always on top

    mudskipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Null island
    Posts
    26,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    They say it is totally safe on the news clip.
    I like the "oh, bleeeeeep!" from the guy at the top.

  5. #5

    Double Godlike!

    Paddy is a fount of knowledge

    Paddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    10,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    They say it is totally safe on the news clip.
    You are more likely to be killed playing Russia Roulette than having a bungie jump
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

    我们不是病毒

  6. #6

    My post count is Majestic

    MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

    MarillionFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    35,973

    Default

    Did a bungee jump about 12 years ago. Now I'd be worried that the bungee would snap but I'd also take the fricking bridge with me!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

  7. #7

    Banned

    wim121 has no reputation


    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    She was very lucky ... Also very silly trusting an african with a bundled up vine as a safe exploit ... The cord looked bad before she jumped ....



    Good job she was doing it over a river, instead of off a cherry picker in a car park ...

    Talking of which, reminds me of the woman below, went parachuting and ran in to trouble when her chute failed to deploy and hit the car park face first, amazing she survived and what the human body can withstand! Even more amazingly, she was pregnant and the baby was fine.

    Skydiver pregnant after accident - US news - Life - msnbc.com




    Now that's a hell of a lot more painful than plummeting in to a river.

  8. #8

    Banned

    wim121 has no reputation


    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    You are more likely to be killed playing Russia Roulette than having a bungie jump
    Hahahahahahaha that is the most stupid comment ever .... Duhhhh of course!

    No offense, but look up the odds of bungie cords snapping. Then russian roulette, if you're the first one to take a turn, it's still a 1 in 6 odds or maybe a little more depending on your handgun choice .....

    What about the odds of being struck by lightning compared to the cord snapping? Would wager lightning is more likely to happen ...

  9. #9

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is always on top

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    55,103

    Default

    Brave girl - glad she survived!

  10. #10

    Double Godlike!

    Paddy is a fount of knowledge

    Paddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    10,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wim121 View Post
    Hahahahahahaha that is the most stupid comment ever .... Duhhhh of course!

    No offense, but look up the odds of bungie cords snapping. Then russian roulette, if you're the first one to take a turn, it's still a 1 in 6 odds or maybe a little more depending on your handgun choice .....

    What about the odds of being struck by lightning compared to the cord snapping? Would wager lightning is more likely to happen ...

    Loss of humour today?
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

    我们不是病毒

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •