• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Family-friendly towns in England

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swindon is nice this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by KimberleyChris View Post
      It's at the top of my list if anything comes up at Hinckley Point.
      Never depend on working locally down here. The rates are crap. I generally work in London or Reading or up the M5 towards Birmingham. Although that said several of the larger integration firms have work from home rules so I have done my current gig and my new one mostly sat at home. It's all commutable.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        That's a rubbish area. Parts of Weeke and Stanmore in Winchester are to be avoided.

"Unlike most Brits, I practice the Germanic habit of saving and not living beyond my means. "

Only trying to help mate.
        Ex council house...
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by KaiserWilly View Post
          I know that every time this question pops up, it elicits a deluge of cynicism, but I'd like to get some advice on family-friendly towns in SW England, preferably, between the M3 and M4 corridor. I live in the Continent, but my expecting wife is British. We've thought about relocating to the UK so that my child can get easier access to the grandparents.

My criteria:

-outside London
          -IT jobs available
          -good public schools
          -family-friendly atmosphere
          -reasonable house prices <=500K

Any clues?

Sevenoaks...

Comment

Working...
          X