• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cameron hint over child benefit cuts for better-off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
    GF Bachus is from Eastern Europe and she is amazed that we not only tolerate but pay the workshy benefit dependant chav-scum to have more babies

That said I am also amazed that we pay a flat "child-benefit" - walk around somewhere like Richmond or Windsor and you see the yummy-mummies and milfs prancing around with manicures that cost a month's child benefit which could well be better spent; there are some genuinely needy people out there too!

We also tolerate the entire Europe who can come here and claim benefits for as long as they want. Big mansions too if they prefer.
    Its only a billion here and a billion there. It will all be borrowed and easily repaid when banks become profitable.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      It looks like Labour has well utilised the years in power to create a generation of benefits dependents who do not know how to take care of themselves if this safety net was suddenly withdrawn. I browse several other forums and its concerning how some people are completely helpless if any of the benefits are taken away.

I have read threads where come were in tears that their benefit was being cut from 150 pw to 100 pw or whatever small amount it was and that it has majorly caused them stress. How did it come to this ?

18 year old kids want to go onto the benefits train rather than working their ass off in getting some skills.
      What worries me more is that is now deemed a choice as to whether or not you actually wish to seek work and song like Bruno Mars - Lazy Song just wind me up further.

I may be a leftie at heart but the sooner they introduce work-fare the better. I couldn't give a sh1t who you are or how qualified you are, if you want to sign-on then you give something back.

Doesn't have to working for free in poundland which is just nonsense, but could be charity work, cleaning parks etc.

Choose to do fk all - get fk all*

*medical acceptions etc apply
      Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        We also tolerate the entire Europe who can come here and claim benefits for as long as they want. Big mansions too if they prefer.
        Its only a billion here and a billion there. It will all be borrowed and easily repaid when banks become profitable.
        I think most European migrants work actually and it's a bit of a side issue; if you want to take away people's benefits on the grounds of them being foreign then stop charging them NI.

Agree with Bacchus that it's a bad idea to keep subsidising people to have kids if they can't afford to bring them up.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Much ado about nothing, there will always be ways round it but shouldn't have much effect here, no contractor should be earning more than £44k if they are doing it right!
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Much ado about nothing, there will always be ways round it but shouldn't have much effect here, no contractor should be earning more than £44k if they are doing it right!
            wife does though....
            Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Really? do you not pay tax on your dividends then?

Comment

Child benefit seems reasonable at least for first 2 childs, especially so if someone in family is working, ie paying taxes.

The stupid change they did hits their core voters.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Craig~ View Post
                  Really? do you not pay tax on your dividends then?
                  Not if I can help it!
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

As a nation (much like others) we have a population problem. It seems sensible to encourage people to have children.

The problem is that this is leading to generation after generation of benefits dependants rather than a new generation of workers.

The money may be better spent in encouraging businesses to take on and train young staff.

On the other hand.....

Why should those without children be forced to subsidise those who do.
                    Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
                      GF Bachus is from Eastern Europe and she is amazed that we not only tolerate but pay the workshy benefit dependant chav-scum to have more babies

That said I am also amazed that we pay a flat "child-benefit" - walk around somewhere like Richmond or Windsor and you see the yummy-mummies and milfs prancing around with manicures that cost a month's child benefit which could well be better spent; there are some genuinely needy people out there too!
                      Yeah it's amazing how these benefits can stretch to false nails, dyed hair and spray tans and yet they still plead poverty
                      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                      X