• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC - Speak to us before we have to speak to you...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Nope, HMRC are running adverts on the Radio here in Manchester.

It was also a line they used after the "Harry Redknapp" trial.
    I'm in M/Cr Churchy, at a very 'Ethical' place, city centre, but did a stint at the tax office in Newcastle, that was the slowest paced place I ever worked at, made me fully aware the left hand is oblivious to the right hand, judging by the letters I've had from HMRC, you owe me £x,xxx, oh no you don't, we owe you now, don't we????

They're getting keener tho, ENIRS and all that with tying in with DWP etc ....

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
      Particularly if we were all spotless.
      If I were to use this forum as a sample for the spotlessness of contractors, I would at this point be reaching for the bleach
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        I'm in M/Cr Churchy, at a very 'Ethical' place, city centre, .
        You have survived the cull then. I hear that around 70 contractors gone / going this week or in the last couple of weeks.

Also an entire section (mainly permies) also been given notice

Comment

Working...
        X