• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

White Cars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half the cars you see in southern Europe are white, I assume they stay cooler by reflecting the heat.

21 degrees in March, makes perfect sense to me.

I thought it was just women who cared about the colour?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Traders care about the colour as some don't sell at all well, especially green. For residuals buy silver, dark grey or black.

White has been threatening to come back for a while, last time it was really popular IIRC was the late 80s. Traders like it as it's easy to touch up any damage. Red must be due a comeback soon
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I wonder what was the colour of Darren's Bentley...

Comment

Apple is to blame.
          "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Ps.

Me an me mates prefer the black cars 'innit.

Nice council estate in the background.

The white guy in the picture (is that you Dim?) should not have attempted the blinging salute, crossing ones arms and tucking ones hands into one's shellsuit is not cool, bro.
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

The two coloured guys are adopting a full-immersion baptism pose.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

White cars are cool and I'm glad they're making a comeback - Not so sure about the number of brown / bronze / copper coloured cars I've seen recently though. They'll look good in the showroom this year but quickly go out of fashion, like a brown 70's Capri with vinyl roof

Comment

I got put off white estate cars many years ago - reminded me of Beirut ambulances which used to ply their trade in the 80s.

Tone

Comment

Same with motorbikes, white was rare but last couple of years tons of new models seemed to be released with a white option. I nearly bought a Ducati 848 in pearlescent white as it looked so slick.

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
                      Same with motorbikes, white was rare but last couple of years tons of new models seemed to be released with a white option. I nearly bought a Ducati 848 in pearlescent white as it looked so slick.
                      BMW's were about the only stock white bikes around at one time, and I think that was only because they were sold off the shelf to police forces worldwide.

I'm thinking of going for a white Audi A6 next month. just have to get it valleted every few weeks to keep it clean.
                      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                      X