• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best practical jokes thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done to a flat mate of a mate in halls at uni, once said flatmate had gone away for hols: Pour water under door of room, so carpet is slightly damp. Sprinkle cress seeds liberally under door. Two weeks later, flatmate returned to watercress mat as he stepped in the door.

When mice had balls, sellotape over the ball. Similarly, sellotape the spring switch under a telephone receiver and ring victim from other side of the room.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

At uni, at the agricultural campus, a bunch of enterprising souls taped over the slot of the yale lock on a flatmate's door.

When he went home for the weekend, they all waved cheerio - and he shut his seemingly locked door behind him and drove off.

Over the course of the weekend, they removed everything from his room, including the carpet, and stored it. They then got hold of some turf, and did a fairly professional job of turfing his room, tapering it so the door could open. Then they kidnapped a sheep from a neighbouring farm's flock, and smuggled it back - manhandling it into the room. Then they removed the sellotape and closed the latch, the sheep happily munching away.

Quite a few people, me included, were in the kitchen nonchalantly having a cuppa, when he came back from his weekend away, and greeted us, before opening his door in the hallway and just staring... then the audible 'baaa' from the sheep kicked us into fits of laughter.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
        At uni, at the agricultural campus, a bunch of enterprising souls taped over the slot of the yale lock on a flatmate's door.

When he went home for the weekend, they all waved cheerio - and he shut his seemingly locked door behind him and drove off.

Over the course of the weekend, they removed everything from his room, including the carpet, and stored it. They then got hold of some turf, and did a fairly professional job of turfing his room, tapering it so the door could open. Then they kidnapped a sheep from a neighbouring farm's flock, and smuggled it back - manhandling it into the room. Then they removed the sellotape and closed the latch, the sheep happily munching away.

Quite a few people, me included, were in the kitchen nonchalantly having a cuppa, when he came back from his weekend away, and greeted us, before opening his door in the hallway and just staring... then the audible 'baaa' from the sheep kicked us into fits of laughter.
        Now that is Champions League quality.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
          A lolly-pop lady (crossing attendant these days) worked the crossing just up the road from the office and would stand next to a phone-box.

We got the number to the box and called her up one morning telling her she'd won the 'lolly-pop' lady of the year, nominated by the kids at the local school, and someone would be along with Champagne and flowers for her.

She waited quite a while after the kids were in school ...
          That is cruel. I don't like practical jokes, mainly cos so many of them are cruel. They are always at someone else's expense and are done to make the joker seem important and belittle the victim.
          I am not referring to silly things like taping over the mouse ball or rotating someones screen 180 degrees whilst they're in a meeting - that's just daft.
          Anyone who does this sort of thing past the age of seven is a moron.
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
            A lolly-pop lady (crossing attendant these days) worked the crossing just up the road from the office and would stand next to a phone-box.

We got the number to the box and called her up one morning telling her she'd won the 'lolly-pop' lady of the year, nominated by the kids at the local school, and someone would be along with Champagne and flowers for her.

She waited quite a while after the kids were in school ...
            You bastard.

Comment

Playing golf in a four-ball, as we went round we kept furtively dropping stones into one bloke's bag. It got heavier and heavier and he didn't cotton on until the end.

Despite the extra exercise he suffered a mild heart attack the following year.

Comment

A pal of mine was a junior partner in a vehicle hire company. On 1st of April one year I knocked up a supposed letter from a lawyer, very realistic it was, telling him that the company was being investigated for fraud or something similar. It was back in the 1990s, so I can't remember the details except that the lawyer's name was Avril Erster.

He wasn't best pleased when he found out it was tosh, but said knowing his partner he wouldn't have been surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                  That is cruel. I don't like practical jokes, mainly cos so many of them are cruel. They are always at someone else's expense and are done to make the joker seem important and belittle the victim.
                  I am not referring to silly things like taping over the mouse ball or rotating someones screen 180 degrees whilst they're in a meeting - that's just daft.
                  Anyone who does this sort of thing past the age of seven is a moron.

Replacing Eye drops with superglue
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Few years ago told one of the project members that we all had to wear our hi vis jackets inside out due to interference with the machines sensors. We all duly did this. Big boss turned up to visit so all but one of us turned ours the right way round. The victim turned up to be asked "can't you dress yourself properly?"

Comment

Cling film stretched carefully over toilets is a good one, can't see it's there until too late

Comment

Working...
                      X