• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Real Ale...........Discuss

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oi Spod - I declare today a day of peace. No insults, no bigotry and no hurt feelings.When you get to Israel make sure you say Shalom to at least 16 people in the first hour.
    And who the feck are you to declare anything?

Comment

I am a man of peace so I can declare peace at any time I so wish.

Chico in " I am loving everyone mode"

Comment

Real Ale is Real Beer for Real Men. Belgian Beer is right up there too. Most Lager is frothy chemicalised p*sh for lightweight girlies.
        In no particular order I recommend

Marston's Old Empire
        Theakston's Old Peculier
        and
        Fullers ESB

to the house!

Comment

Timothy Taylors Landlord
          Theakston OP - my favourite!

Comment

Real Ale is for old men with dubious personal hygiene.

Get yourself some ASDA budget label lager at 2.3% ABV. Only 37p a tin and harmless to children and small rodents. Marvelous.

Comment

Good choice there Spod!

I must admit that I drink more lager these days, probably due to having too many dodgy ales.

Or maybe my hygiene is just improving.

Comment

Mailman you sloppy uneducated colonial, please note:

There are very few things that the British do well, with Ale and Military Ceremonies being about the only things that are done well.

Whenever we are down the supermarket I'll pick up a few bottles of ale with the idea of using the bottles (empty of course) in the bar area of my B&B when I return to NZ to retire in a couple of years

Not much of a fan of lager anymore (or fizzy beers as I made the mistake of calling them when I first got here and found that the pub we were in didn't sell lagers )

Regards

Mailman

Comment

I find a few cans of Stella or suchlike make my joints (or maybe it's more the muscles) as stiff as a board a day or two later. I feel like an old guy of ninety, although it wears off after a day ot so, and I never get that with other drinks such as wine or spirits.

I'm sure a lot of the "back pain" you read about, and related absenteeism etc, is a result of the same thing - some after-effect (uric acid crystals?) of drinking lager.

Comment

Interesting, Owl - I put that down to being laid spark out after a few bevvies. You may have a point there.

Comment

Timmy Taylors Landlord for a few only.

Holts or Hydes bog standard bitter if on a session.

If you are unlucky enough to be darn sarf then London Pride isn't a bad tipple.

All real ale is bad for your innards compared to lager.

Comment

Working...
                      X