• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reforming Employment Agencies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...and that's before the PCG negotiates an opt-out.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      my constructive opinion is that regulation is a waste of time and a solution to a problem that is either temporary or does not exist.
      The way the agents operate may be unpalatable but will only become a problem if they form into a cartel, or organise in some other way. I dont see it at the moment, I see agencies going bust and I see guys working direct. I see new agencies and I see new paradigms. like brollies

Your , lets have a load of rules that will increase costs in order to reduce costs, and 'enjoy' attitude leave me cold

the world is full of intefering do gooder busybody know nothings who are full of solutions to problems that only exist in their own minds. I have you tagged as one of them

Nail hit squarely on the head.

Tone

Comment

and, by the way,

do not ask people to reply, even if its a flame

then complain when they flame you

it makes you look a bit like a prima donna

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

What's to reform

Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post
            It goes against my free market views.

No, I don't want more regulation.

I abhor more regulation.
            I don't want more civil servants ensuring regulations are adhered to.
            I don't want more taxation to pay for more regulation and civil servents.
            Now, just p1ss right off!

Tone
            Do you also defend Loan Sharks just because you abhor red tape? Or should they be allowed to charge 1000's % because it is a free market?

Anyway, Why would cleaning up this industry cause you more red tape? All it is suggested is that they should be forced to be honest by stating in the advert how much commision they will be charging, They have the right to charge what they like, and I have the right to go to another agency and apply for the same job but for a better deal, What's wrong with that?

Again, I have read nothing constructive so far but I guess the first crop of posts hardly matter given the level of non-debate replies.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              No that sounds stupid.

Perhaps you could offer a reasoned debate other than a vague personal opinion? That would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Android View Post
                Do you also defend Loan Sharks just because you abhor red tape? Or should they be allowed to charge 1000's % because it is a free market?

Anyway, Why would cleaning up this industry cause you more red tape? All it is suggested is that they should be forced to be honest by stating in the advert how much commision they will be charging, They have the right to charge what they like, and I have the right to go to another agency and apply for the same job but for a better deal, What's wrong with that?

Again, I have read nothing constructive so far but I guess the first crop of posts hardly matter given the level of non-debate replies.

Yes I defend loan sharks.

Tone

Comment

I don't lose sleep over this.

The loan shark analogy from android is laughable, Modis do not hang about my place of work tooled up waiting for HR to come out if my invoice is a day late in being paid.

Comment

Originally posted by Android View Post

1000's%??

I've told you a million times....

Why on earth should we respond sensibly? You don't

Btw if it was a 1000%, I might consider joining up meself.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      I don't lose sleep over this.

The loan shark analogy from android is laughable, Modis do not hang about my place of work tooled up waiting for HR to come out if my invoice is a day late in being paid.
                      It's all about control. People can not be trusted to make their own decisions in a free market, an army of bureaucrats and lawyers are required to make sure everyone is protected and makes the 'right' decisions. Rather than give poor people a cheaper alternative to loan sharks, lets spend our energy banning badness and greed.
                      Lets not make the agency industry a free market, lets use the weight of the state to ban badness and greed. Next week we will show you how to nail a jelly to the ceiling

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X