• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thinking of getting rid of the TV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont get rid of the TV. Get rid of the attitude.

A TV is just another device that you switch on when you need it.

It is NOT something that needs to be there 24/7 or used as a pacifier for youngsters.

It has its place. put it in its place

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      The TV is rarely on here. If there's something I want to see it's usually there on whatever channel's catch up internet service and there's always YouTube which is better for music in some cases.
      But I access catch up services and YouTube on my TV.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        But I access catch up services and YouTube on my TV.
        Even better. Gotta pay for a license anyway so might as well get the use.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

It is NOT something that needs to be there 24/7 or used as a pacifier for youngsters.

Good point.

There used to be alot of coders who would use a methodology even if they thought it was stupid. Good coders will take what they want from any methodology.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Serial killer in the making alert.

I do hope you will sell your story to the NOTW and make lots of money after it happens.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              okay okay - I am thick. Don't label the point
              "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

TV is a funny thing these days, its not what it used to be. I remember being at my TV at a certain time for shows which I could not miss, now with internet and pay per view on demand etc the 'TV' is just an enlarged display device in my living room with which I watch special shows such as 'Game of Thrones' etc. I think my Virgin TV package is a bit of a waste of money tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

It is NOT something that needs to be there 24/7 or used as a pacifier for husbands.

FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                    FTFY
                    Husbands don't really need a TV. They just want a remote to play with. After all men just want to see what's on the other side.

Comment

Gf chef and I have had the same discussion. We hardly ever watch tv and the tv itself is very noticeable (not Chav sized but still noticeable).

I wouldn't want to get rid as I love watching movies so I think the best solution (and quite possibly overkill) is to switch the tv for a projector and automatic screen. That way, for 90% of the time nothing is in obvious sight but then a great home cinema is just a click of a remote away.
                      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                      X