• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hi guys...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I did the London to Brighton bike ride last Sunday for bhf.

Still not too late to sponsor me
    Me me me. Lookatme!

Didn't even say thanks for the sponsorship you got last year, so you can feck right off this year.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Bloody hell.

Glad to hear you're well, could have been a lot worse. Live life to the full from here on in, it's a good thing to be reminded of your mortality.

Comment

Glad to hear you got through it.

Welcome back.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Glad you're on the mend.

Welcome back.

Comment

Sounds a bit hectic Welcome back

Comment

Take it easy old boy and don’t be rushing around and speeding.
              Take another 6 months off – health comes first old chap.
              one day at a time

Comment

Sorry to hear about your health problems, glad its sorting itself out.

But would have thought a thing like this would have made you realise what a complete waste of your life posting on CUK really is.
                Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

As an addendum I've went back to work, immediately suffered with flu-like symptoms, ended up back in hospital for 12 days in isolation ward (thought I might have Swine Flu) on antibios on drip, and oxygen mask 24/7 which stunk (I am in the minority who can smell or think they they can smell oxygen) and roared like a rain on a corrugated roof which kept me awake for four nights, before I refused to wear it then they gave me this nose one which was perfect...

Anyway, back out now, contract fuked out of the water but what the hell, got a year or more in the war chest but still, it's a pisser to see it going....

Feel A1 in myself, but fatigued when I do anything like even a decent walk, that will get better hopefully, I've had two weeks in a bed with no escape.

The good news is my BP is normal, pulse normal, oxy level normal (with pills), angiogram revealed no blockages, which I feared given family history, bit of a pleasant surprise, EPS revealed heart normal (ie no heart attack) but I have heart failure which sounds dramatic but means it's not really being efficient, due to the arrhythmia. ICD will kick me if I have another event but it's not so far.

So I've come out of this healthier but knackered!

Prior I had no warnings whatsoever, just felt a bit light-headed (heart was doing 240 bpm - too fast to deliver oxy) so I recommend anyone over 50 get checked, especially if you have family history, might mean dead or alive..

Interestingly I looked on a US forum about ICD (defibrillator) and one guy just got the bill for his, $159,000! And his health insurance only covers $47,000 of it so I gather from asking US friends that means he signs his house over to the hossie - he can live there till he dies but bang goes his legacy. Don't ever slag off the NHS really, it's like a Gov Church, the only official Government Agency where you will not be prejudged, pre-existing conditions no matter, imagine if I wanted to live in USA now, I'd be on death watch....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    As an addendum I've went back to work, immediately suffered with flu-like symptoms, ended up back in hospital for 12 days in isolation ward

Welcome to the online department of NHS psychiatric hospital - you won't get heart attack on here but if you don't bleed from ears within 24 hours you'll get your money back...

Comment

Working...
                    X