• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

indecisiveness

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still using a 3 year old HTC, no point upgrading for incremental improvements when it does everything I need. I'm waiting for real leaps forward like holographic projection, teleportation or some sort of replicator that can conjure a gourmet dinner or screwdriver out of thin air.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      I'm still using a 3 year old HTC, no point upgrading for incremental improvements when it does everything I need. I'm waiting for real leaps forward like holographic projection, teleportation or some sort of replicator that can conjure a gourmet dinner or screwdriver out of thin air.
      I am just waiting for a phone that will shoot out lethal laser beams of energy street fighter hadooken style.

Comment

Have you been reading the Apple rumour mill?
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I was pressured into swapping phones with the Mrs on the basis that my old phone worked fine and hers didn't!
          Had we not swapped then it would have been me switching to a sim only contract instead of her. The phone was a HTC HD2 which I rooted and upgraded to Android. The community on XDA Devs for that phone is amazing in what they produce and I would have happily stuck with that phone for a few more years.
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            Thinking of changing my phone too and not wanting to pay over the odds for a new model, am thinking of going for a HTC Sensation which has now started to come down in price.

It's about a year since it was released, I believe, but the specs just about still hold up compared to newer phones.

Wrt, the Asus PhonePad, that looks like a decent bit of kit but when I was in the market for a tablet earlier in the year, I was considering an Asus Transformer but heard a few horror stories regarding their reliability so decided against it.

BTW, hello all.
            Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            I have the Sensation XE and I rate it very highly
            Ordered yesterday and due early next week - can't wait.

Down to £247 now if anyone else is interested.

Comment

With a battery life of five minutes.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                I was pressured into swapping phones with the Mrs on the basis that my old phone worked fine and hers didn't!
                Had we not swapped then it would have been me switching to a sim only contract instead of her. The phone was a HTC HD2 which I rooted and upgraded to Android. The community on XDA Devs for that phone is amazing in what they produce and I would have happily stuck with that phone for a few more years.
                Doh! Never have a better phone than the missus. What is this? Amateur hour?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  With a battery life of five minutes.
                  Will be Nuclear powered duh

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                    Ordered yesterday and due early next week - can't wait.

Down to £247 now if anyone else is interested.
                    Hopefully it will come with ICS already installed, its a big jump from 2.3.5
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      Didn't Motorola experiment with the Atrix so it was a phone and a tablet/netbook and it was a disaster?!
                      I'm one of the few who have an Atrix - As a phone it's pretty good although it is over a year old now. I got the media dock with it, but have never bothered hooking it up to a TV or anything. It has a HDMI port out and has a couple of USB ports for charging your Ipod and the like or connecting a USB drive to it. A good feature of that bit of kit is that it switches the phone automatically into clock mode, making it into a useful bedside clock....

I have the external keyboard and mouse and it will work as a very slow webtop PC when plugged into a monitor or big tv, which essentially turns my big stupid TV into a smart TV.

I'm, considering buying the car dock for it, as the sat nav is quite good but useless without something to mount the phone in the windscreen. I know you can buy holders but the one I tried pushes too hard on the volume switch and turns the volume off. If you turn it round then you can't charge it. Sat nav batters its battery so charging is a must! The car dock automatically starts the san nav function also.

I never bothered with the laptop dock, mainly because I have a fast laptop. But I wouldn't say its a disaster. It gets a much better reception than the Iphone 4 my wife has and I use my Atrix for a hell of a lot more than she uses her Iphone for. The laptop dock is supposed to work with the new Atrix also, meaning that it should perform better as a laptop since the HW on the phone is better.

At the time when I bought it, the S2 was being released. Both phones are dual core and very similar in spec. The S2 has a better screen but I didn't like its size and it looked too thin. This thing is smaller and more sturdy looking. I'm pretty glad with the choice I made. There are times when it does things that annoy me, but generally its a reliable bit of kit. Battery life is pants though, but I tend to keep it on the charger at work and it's docked at night (charging)
                      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X