• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Had a close one this morning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Apparently my cleaner takes the bus. Good heavens!
    So since PhilipKent popped his cherry to the cleaner, you got one in an attempt to pop yours. I bet it did not work.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      I took a bus about a year ago, it was a the last one. he wouldn't let me take kebab meat and chips on it ! so I had to scoff it really quick and this made me quite tired. So I slept until we got to the last stop. I think it was £3.20 and took over an hour to get home !
      I was pleasantly surprised that the driver was able to give change

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        I was pleasantly surprised that the driver was able to give change
        which implies he could accept cash and even calculate price and change, something which Dutch public transport can't do since the introduction of high tech stuffage.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I only take the bus on holidays. Local colour.

Tone

Comment

I take the bus , usually regularly but there isn't such a good service down here in the SE that I'm used to up nerth.

I used to find it surprising how sutherners hated public transport so much, but having been down here I can see why - the bus service in particular is almost non existant.

I've never left clientco gear on it though, because I don't use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
              I've never left clientco gear on it though, because I don't use it.
              Have to here, PCIDSS, laptop loaded with card data but encrypted hard drive.

Asked to work from home which they are ok with because they love me. (son's assembly at nursery - got the date wrong though, never trust a 3 year old.)
              Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Hehe, great work on getting the WFH though, it's the future.

Comment

I used the bus today...twice although one of them turned out to be the wrong one!
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I quite often take the bus as public transport is pretty damn good here. The stop is only a couple of minutes walk away and they run from around 5:30 to 2:30 every 15 minutes (although last weekend they were running 24 hours due to a big fest in town,) quite handy for pub opening times. I even take trams but I drive to work, interviews, shopping, etc.
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X