• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looks like the debts will be getting paid off sooner than expected...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London 2012: The Olympic super-yachts arrive on the Thames | Mail Online

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      Remember the golden rule: he who owns the gold makes the rules.
      Ahh, now then, how much is "real gold" and how much is "paper gold"?

Comment

"Kitted out: The Octopus, which holds not only the submarines, the two helipads and a recording studio but also a basketball court and a cinema, is pictured moored in Nice in 2006"

Wrong, that photograph is taken in Antibes. The clue is in the wall in the background of the picture, it separates the "deep water harbour" and the rest of the marina.

Comment

Utter B@ll@x

What a self serving pile of Sh!t to be serving up as a supposedly intelligent "study"

The first assumption the so called study makes is that every penny in what they term secret tax havens actually belongs to some goverment to get their grubby little mitts on as tax revenue.

People relocate to "tax havens" such as Monaco, Dubai and the Cayman Islands so that tax authorities can't lay claim to their wealth therefore no tax is due. It also assumes that everyone who was born and lives in these countries such as the oil rich gulf Sheiks and the taxi drivers in Grenada should be paying tax revenue to a high tax country.

There is an increasing trend to suggest that if you don't pay tax somewhere you are a crook, being born in a country that does not levy income taxes is apparently no defence, perhaps the likes of the Tax Justice Network should pay a little more attention to how tax revenue is spent (read wasted) then high tax countries might see a little more of it.

Comment

The comments below the article make me chuckle, same tulipe at the end of the day if I was stupidly rich I would be doing the same or relocating as at the end of the day though I love the UK and am even more patriotic now I work in Switzerland. I would refuse to pay for all it's problems, for one you have people commenting that if the rich paid there tax then there would be no need to cut benefits. Well at the end of the day the vast majority of benefits shouldn't be handed out in the first place.
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Remember the golden rule: he who owns the gold makes the rules.
              Would you sell me some?
              <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                BBC News - Tax havens: Super-rich 'hiding' at least $21tn

How long before governments decide to make a grab for it?
                it is better off staying in the hands of the super rich than it is being squandered by governments
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  it is better off staying in the hands of the super rich than it is being squandered by governments
                  I couldn't agree more, they should make do with what they have if they obtain more they're bound to squander it on the minority
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                    I couldn't agree more, they should make do with what they have if they obtain more they're bound to squander it on the minority
                    Trouble is, they're hoarding it. It's not out there doing stuff.

Comment

Trouble is, they're hoarding it. It's not out there doing stuff.
                      There are a lot of marine engineers and craftsmen being kept busy building yachts. I think it is the large corporates who are hoarding it not the wealthy individuals.
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X