• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Very Sad Train News

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    When I do this I drive to Beaconsfield to miss out the traffic in uxbridge and the end of the M40/A40 and catch the train from there as it only takes 30mins to get to Marylebone. Oterwise I drive to West Ruisplip and catch the Central Line
    When working in London I walk out the back door and 55 seconds later onto the train which was entering Amersham station as I set off.

Being at the end of the line it makes going into London bearable. thankfully I don't have to do it that often.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Anyone living in the West Country or on Thameslink will be shocked that First Group have been awarded this franchise.

Comment

I've been commuting on the Thameslink for the last 3 weeks and i've not had any major problems so far.

Comment

Now confirmed

on bbc website

BBC News - Virgin Trains loses West Coast Mainline franchise

I travel to London from Glasgow a lot, and I am not happy.
          World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by NoddY View Post
            Anyone living in the West Country or on Thameslink will be shocked that First Group have been awarded this franchise.
            I currently work with several people who come into Paddington. They all hate the service for overcrowding and unreliability.

I used to use Thameslink and that was overcrowded, dirty and slow. However, that was back in the 2000s so it might be better now.

On the other hand, Virgin wasn't perfect but wasn't bad in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              I currently work with several people who come into Paddington. They all hate the service for overcrowding and unreliability.

I used to use Thameslink and that was overcrowded, dirty and slow. However, that was back in the 2000s so it might be better now.

On the other hand, Virgin wasn't perfect but wasn't bad in comparison.
              Virgin have the best loyalty scheme around. That change has just cost me about £8k a year!
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                Virgin have the best loyalty scheme around. That change has just cost me about £8k a year!
                Bloody hell! How far do you travel?

I haven't used the big operators for a while, I use Chiltern Railways which is relatively cheap, reliable and uncrowded.

But now someone will tell me they've heard First Direct are taking over from them...

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  Bloody hell! How far do you travel?

I haven't used the big operators for a while, I use Chiltern Railways which is relatively cheap, reliable and uncrowded.

But now someone will tell me they've heard First Direct are taking over from them...
                  I have free tickets from Virgin. So my weekly commute from Manchester which should be about £160 return (if you book in advance) is zero. Then you do a coupe of months buying the tickets and it all kicks off again for another 12 months. I doubt First are going to run the traveller scheme
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                  X