• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LingsCars: The Gold Standard Of Web Design

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Thing about Ling's site, isn't the point to get people to notice your website, how many people know her brand already without realising it.
    True but it can have adverse effects. There's a local car dealer that I will never use on principle because I find their radio ads annoy the fck out of me so much that I change channel rather than listening to them. Yes I know their brand name but they will _never_ get any of my cash in case they spend it on another ad.

Trade Centre Wales. Cnuts!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      True but it can have adverse effects. There's a local car dealer that I will never use on principle because I find their radio ads annoy the fck out of me so much that I change channel rather than listening to them. Yes I know their brand name but they will _never_ get any of my cash in case they spend it on another ad.

Trade Centre Wales. Cnuts!
      I thought that with one of the annoying Window Sales company which was radio only but is now on the TV (the guy's face is as offensive as his voice), but their price was the cheapest and I found it due to the advert.
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        I thought that with one of the annoying Window Sales company which was radio only but is now on the TV (the guy's face is as offensive as his voice), but their price was the cheapest and I found it due to the advert.
        They could be selling the cars for £1 but I still wouldn't give them my cash.

<- Them (not you SM)

Comment

This.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0wO...eature=related

Comment

I see you and raise you

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I fondly remember Mr Jerome my last year of primary school teacher(what is now called year 6). He said that some years before he had met an advertising exec at a party. He asked him for his ads - the exec revealed one that Mr Jerome found really annoying and Mr Jerome told him so. "Good" said the exec "We want it to be memorable".

I would like to think that Mr Jerome punched him - but as it was the sixties I doubt it. More is the pity.

Comment

That's it, if you can't make them smile make them groan or puke.

JP Galtier etc know it.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

hahahaha, well hello everyone.

I thought I would log in and reply and say "hi".

Amazing how many people seem offended, but so often they miss the point. Some people here see it.

It doesn't matter what reaction you have, as long as you have a reaction. What is the point of creating a business where you need to pay relentlessly to advertise to attract customers (I don't ever pay to advertise)? Yet I have over 104,000 unique visitors this month already. Now... some will have cars, some won't... so what. If there weren't people who disliked my site, there would be no one who liked it. It's pointless to try and attract everyone, you just end up mediocre.

Current Gross Profit indications are that it will be well over £500,000 this year, so I am happy with growth. What recession?

I wait for people to argue that if I had a more "normal" website I would do even better - that is NOT the findings of my competitors who are NOT posting record growth figures, I can assure you.

If the point is "do you like this", then I understand the negative reactions. If the point is "is this a good way to promote your business" then to say "NO" is plainly stupid, as my website works really well. People like a bit of entertainment. Wear sunglasses And earplugs. hahaha

Ling
                  Last edited by LINGsCARS; 28 August 2012, 14:35.

Comment

Originally posted by LINGsCARS View Post

Amazing how many people seem offended, but so often they miss the point. Some people here see it.

It doesn't matter what reaction you have, as long as you have a reaction. What is the point of creating a business where you need to pay relentlessly to advertise to attract customers (I don't ever pay to advertise). Yet I have over 104000 unique visitors this month already. Now... some will have cars, some won't... so what. If there weren't people who disliked my site, there would be no one who liked it. It's pointless to try and attract everyone, you just end up mediocre.

Current Gross Profit indications are that it will be well over £500,000 this year, so I am happy with growth. What recession?

I wait for people to argue that if I had a more "normal" website I would do even better - that is NOT the findings of my competitors who are NOT posting record growth figures, I can assure you.

If the point is "do you like this", then I understand the negative reactions. If the point is "is this a good way to promote your business" then to say "NO" is plainly stupid, as my website works really well. People like a bit of entertainment. Wear sunglasses And earplugs. hahaha

Ling
                    Bad news I'm afraid, they're all MarillionFan's sockies.

Comment

Originally posted by LINGsCARS View Post

It doesn't matter what reaction you have, as long as you have a reaction. What is the point of creating a business where you need to pay relentlessly to advertise to attract customers (I don't ever pay to advertise)? Yet I have over 104,000 unique visitors this month already. Now... some will have cars, some won't... so what. If there weren't people who disliked my site, there would be no one who liked it. It's pointless to try and attract everyone, you just end up mediocre.

Ling
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X