• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How is this proportional and fair?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    I suppose we could compare sentences received for "Pissing on the cenotaph" and "Burning Poppies"...

Just saying, like...
    Interesting article about Charlie Gilmour's 18 month sentence and comparisons to Pussy Riot.

The west's hypocrisy over Pussy Riot is breathtaking | Simon Jenkins | Comment is free | The Guardian
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Umm, I suggested the muslim extremists stick one finger in the air; where did I say that anyone sticking their finger in the air is a muslim extremist?

Oh sorry, forgot it's CUK general. Anyway, he's sticking his thumb in the air too.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Umm, I suggested the muslim extremists stick one finger in the air; where did I say that anyone sticking their finger in the air is a muslim extremist?

Oh sorry, forgot it's CUK general.
        Hang on, I have just noted the InTouch Logo.....

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
          d000hg these guys wont even know that Muslim's faught alongside us, I assume , perhaps wrongly, that it is aimed at the white western population.

My motivation is driven by my ex military background not racial predujice.

I seriously can't understand how this is tolerated; and how people don't see just how hateful and hurtful it is.

4 months compared to 50 quid is just not acceptable for me, and any disrespect to dead soilders needs to be stamped down on much harder than this.

I just think it sends totally the wrong message and fuels the racists.
          This reply is flawed on quite a few levels which is why you won't understand that it is about point of law, not hot headed anger.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Oh sorry, forgot it's CUK general. Anyway, he's sticking his thumb in the air too.
            So he could be a Muslim extremist?

An interesting historical perspective is that Rod Hull was a Muslim extremist and Emu was his cover for having a finger in the air.
            Last edited by speling bee; 30 August 2012, 15:21.
            The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Hang on, I have just noted the InTouch Logo.....

Thats ******* brillant!! Made me laugh out loud in a dead office
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Thats ******* brillant!! Made me laugh out loud in a dead office
                It's only dead because Clare crashed a plane into it.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                  d000hg these guys wont even know that Muslim's faught alongside us, I assume , perhaps wrongly, that it is aimed at the white western population.

My motivation is driven by my ex military background not racial predujice.

I seriously can't understand how this is tolerated; and how people don't see just how hateful and hurtful it is.

4 months compared to 50 quid is just not acceptable for me, and any disrespect to dead soilders needs to be stamped down on much harder than this.

I just think it sends totally the wrong message and fuels the racists.

It is hateful and hurtful and people shouldn't do it.

But would it be acceptable if the dead soldiers were war criminals? Various Japanese nationalists get in trouble for honouring sites which include mention of category 1 war criminals.

The difficulty is that different people will have different views of what is a war crime. Some people will think that all war is crime and all soldiers are murderers. Others will think that different soldiers are war criminals in different circumstances. Is it that you wish to legislate against? Or do you wish to legislate against people protesting in this way, whether or not they believe that soldiers are war criminals? In which case would you like to see similar penalties against protestors who burn swastikas at a fascist commemoration of SS soldiers?

I'm afraid it is hard to legislate against all unpleasantness. I am legally allowed to ignore my neighbour when he says hello, sleep with your wife, laugh at a puppy that has been run over and that is dying in the street.

Some people are just mean, I'm afraid.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Working...
                  X