• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

the contracting solider

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did do 6 months shift work while in plaster up to just under my ribs on crutches. It was a real pain sitting down though. Today I just feel blah...still invoicing though.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Rats

Comment

I worked with a contractor who has MS. He was an inspiration to battle on regardless.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I currently work with a severely disabled chap who is indeed, an inspiration, it may even be MS, and he was at IBM as a contractor. He's permie here, but used to contract, and is simply excellent at his job, if a little cautious, which is a good thing too.

I admire him an awful lot to be frank, for many reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
            after being on crutches for the past week with torn knee ligaments and still making it into the office, it got me thinking "do all contractors sacrifice personal well being for the sake of a days pay?"

what other example of contracting soldierary have folk come across?
            Broken right thumb. Never took a day off.
            Broken right collarbone, took 3 days off before getting back to the office; same again when I broke the left collarbone.
            Never taken a day off due to cold/flu/headaches/anything else. I work on the assumption that someone should be paying for my suffering.

Oh, did break a few bones as a permie 30 years ago. Took 6 months off.
            nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Pah, nothing I once died but still came into work the next day, people commented the work was the same but after a few days I started to smell a bit
              Pah! Right....

I was minding my own business having a leisurely walk in the countryside when an intergalatic battle cruiser descended from the heavens and kidnapped me. I was transported to another Galaxy where they believed that my superior speed & strength would help them win a war against their enemies the Arcturans. After a large battle we just winning when all of a sudden I was atomised into a trillion parts by a Death Star (which smarted a little). My atoms were scattered to the far parts of the universe until the end of time, when the universe imploded and all of a sudden I found myself at the centre of a blackhole. Well bugger me sideways, I walked through and found myself outside the office day on the very next contracting day & was able to invoice for that day & according to my timesheet an infinite number of hours. Ker(bloody)chiing.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Pah! Right....

I was minding my own business having a leisurely walk in the countryside when an intergalatic battle cruiser descended from the heavens and kidnapped me. I was transported to another Galaxy where they believed that my superior speed & strength would help them win a war against their enemies the Arcturans. After a large battle we just winning when all of a sudden I was atomised into a trillion parts by a Death Star (which smarted a little). My atoms were scattered to the far parts of the universe until the end of time, when the universe imploded and all of a sudden I found myself at the centre of a blackhole. Well bugger me sideways, I walked through and found myself outside the office day on the very next contracting day & was able to invoice for that day & according to my timesheet an infinite number of hours. Ker(bloody)chiing.

Glad you skipped the "anal probe" bit in that alien abduction tale.
                nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Pah! Right....

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    No, I'm afraid a touch of man flu doesn't count.
                    Growing old is mandatory
                    Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
                      Broken right thumb. Never took a day off.
                      Broken right collarbone, took 3 days off before getting back to the office; same again when I broke the left collarbone.
                      Never taken a day off due to cold/flu/headaches/anything else. I work on the assumption that someone should be paying for my suffering.

Oh, did break a few bones as a permie 30 years ago. Took 6 months off.
                      What do they call you? Lucky?

Comment

Working...
                      X