• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Office collections

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fire in a few quid so I can feel less guilty when someone brings in birthday buns, it all balances itself out over the term of the gig
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

What sucks is being left with the card and trying to figure out who it should go to next and trying to deliver it surreptitiously.
      Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
        What sucks is being left with the card and trying to figure out who it should go to next and trying to deliver it surreptitiously.
        Yep, and if people have been putting coins in the envelope instead of notes you need to keep that quiet somehow.

Comment

However much you put in, be it £ coins or more, always be sure to chuck in a couple of pennies to get the collection organiser steaming about how anyone could be so tight as to give 3p.
          Last edited by bless 'em all; 10 October 2012, 15:26. Reason: speeling

Comment

At one place the secretaries had this sorted with a distribution list. Just tick your name as having received it and pass it to the next unticked recipient.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
              At one place the secretaries had this sorted with a distribution list. Just tick your name as having received it and pass it to the next unticked recipient.
              Definite IR35 pointer.
              Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

I make sure I never help myself to more than a fiver.

Seriously - I'll put in if I like the person. I've also had collections done for me when leaving (as a contractor)
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Definite IR35 pointer.
                  This was not in the UK, so it didn't matter.

The chances were also high that there would be an accompanying bash with free food and booze.

Them were the days. We were encouraged to not clock off until we actually went home on those bashes. Team building and all that...
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    I make sure I never help myself to more than a fiver.

Seriously - I'll put in if I like the person. I've also had collections done for me when leaving (as a contractor)
                    I've had a card when I've left, but I'd find a collection or present a bit embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                      I've had a card when I've left, but I'd find a collection or present a bit embarrassing.
                      It is embarrassing, but you'd look like an ungenerous tit if you refused to accept the gift. They mean well ...
                      +50 Xeno Geek Points
                      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                      X