• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Home insurance renewal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    I didn't think you could just leave the AA and then start a new policy. Is there not a time period ?
    I had two policies running side by side for a few days, when I rang them up to tell them not to auto renew my policy they seemed pretty accepted to the fact that I would just sign up to a new policy
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Doesn't always work.

I have found that the cheapest is the renewal price with car insurance.

Also check the small print of anything you want to take out on the comparison sites as sometimes they remove a few things or up the excess.
      Spot on there when I worked at Confused.com there were discrepancies between what was displayed on our end and the insurance company's side. it's always better to check the price on a comparison site and then try go direct via Quidco if possible.
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Just called the AA, theyve renewed me for £79.38 on the Silver Cover instead of the £122.23 that they offer to loyal customers who dont enquire if they can get it cheaper.

Apparently the difference between the Silver & regualar cover available online for £74 is that ill get 7 call out instead of 5, legal cover and a bunch of other stuff I was bored of listening to. Still for £5 difference I was happy just to renew instead of having to re-apply.

Comment

Originally posted by Barley View Post
          Just called the AA, theyve renewed me for £79.38 on the Silver Cover instead of the £122.23 that they offer to loyal customers who dont enquire if they can get it cheaper.

Apparently the difference between the Silver & regualar cover available online for £74 is that ill get 7 call out instead of 5, legal cover and a bunch of other stuff I was bored of listening to. Still for £5 difference I was happy just to renew instead of having to re-apply.
          If you need to call the AA 7 times in a year I'd start looking for a new(er) car.

Comment

You could have got £42 cash back had you used Quidco, seems to be double bubble at the moment. You sure its looking a good deal still?
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

A few weeks ago I looked into moving my phone and internet to BT. They were offering £150 on Quidco. I got to the point of putting in my details and decided against it. last week I was paid the £150 from them. I got £40 from Carphone warehouse for a phone contract I never took out also! I suppose that they might come back for it, but until then its all mine!
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                You could have got £42 cash back had you used Quidco, seems to be double bubble at the moment. You sure its looking a good deal still?
                Its not sounding a good deal now no, knowing nothing about Quidco ive no idea how it works that I can get over 50% cashback but, ill have to investigate.

Comment

Its not sounding a good deal now no, knowing nothing about Quidco ive no idea how it works that I can get over 50% cashback but, ill have to investigate.
                  Quidco is brilliant. It's basically just free money

I use it for everything possible, flights, airport parking, ncp parking in town, online shopping .... all sorts.

I've just had a look and in the last 2 years since I signed up, I've had over £450 - and have £130 to come in the next few months having just done some annual insurance stuff.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    Quidco is brilliant. It's basically just free money
                    Quidco money is the commission the seller would have paid to someone to get you as a customer, but it goes to you direct.

Comment

Working...
                    X