• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thinking about work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scoi View Post
    Take up something that you don't have the ability to think about work whilst doing it. Running really doesn't work for me, I end up running whilst thinking about the stuff i don't want to. Try something which requires a little more concentration mountain biking, rock climbing etc.
    Go running in the traffic

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
      Lately I can't stop myself thinking about work and it's starting to stress me out a bit. Any tips for de-stressing and emptying your mind? Yoga? Pilates? Wank?
      I think about spending time with the kids - which makes work seem very relaxed.

Comment

I suggest cage fighting. It's a good way to take out some aggression.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I suggest cage fighting. It's a good way to take out some aggression.
          Its a good way to take out some teeth.

Comment

This excessive stress might be a sign you are in the wrong job or there is a problem that you need to resolve at the office. So just trying to relax outside of work may only serve as a sticking plaster to the problem, not the solution.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
              This excessive stress might be a sign you are in the wrong job or there is a problem that you need to resolve at the office. So just trying to relax outside of work may only serve as a sticking plaster to the problem, not the solution.
              I find stress comes from not being able to prioritise, cope with the work or a feeling of being out of your depth. Since becoming a contractor i don't get stressed. It's a perm thing.

I'll let you know how I feel next month.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                Plan on walking away at the end of the contract. Its all that keeping me going at the moment. 9 Week to go! Woohoo.
                We only have to put up with you 9 weeks? Woohoo indeed.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                X