• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where do you buy your general off work clothes?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
    jacamo, although sometimes i find their clothes a bit tight
    Im the same with Abercrombie.

Comment

Gap stuff is good quality and doesn't fall apart or look old after a few months, not the cheapest but you get what you pay for. Anything by an outdoor brand that was designed to be used outdoors rather than by dog walkers will be good but you'll probably have to put up with being a walking advertisement. Anything that's got a brand name will probably fall apart pretty quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        Contractor attire

Fail! He should be wearing sandals.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          Fail! He should be wearing sandals.
          and leather patches on his elbows.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            and leather patches on his elbows.
            And I thought you only placed the higher quality contractors.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
              And I thought you only placed the higher quality contractors.
              Ok patches on their shoulders then
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I dont know where my stuff comes from, the missus goes out with some of money, then comes back with some stuff. It works quite well

I do have one big massive regret though. We were up in the middle of Scotland about 6 or 7 years ago. There was snow on the ground and I needed some new kecks. So we went into an outdoor shop and I bought a pair of cheap lightweigt troosers.
                They turned out to be windproof, water proof, easy to clean, and very very thin. elasticated at the ankles
                they were made of teflon apparently.

I have never been able to find their like again. should have bought ten pairs. no... a hundred.

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Primark. Where else is there?
                  WNS^

A T-shirt that cost £2 to make for £3, it's still crap but at least you don't feel ripped off.

It's the race to the bottom, they think we wont pay more so they reduce quality instead, this applies to everything in the modern world.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I let you into a little secret - most of the chains use the same suppliers.

So you may as well buy it from Primark as M&S etc.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                      Im the same with Abercrombie.
                      whoosh
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X