Compulsive liars Compulsive liars
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 47
  1. #1

    More fingers than teeth

    minestrone is NOT a disguised employee

    minestrone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    15,998

    Default Compulsive liars

    So I nip out to a pub at lunch time for a sneaky one, as soon as I get to the bar and get served I notice that one customer has clearly been boring the pish out of the eastern European single member of staff so decide to move straight to a seat to get out his range of conversation.

    I can hear him loudly mouthing off about the books he is writing at the moment and his style of writing and I am feeling really sorry for the barman but happy that it is him and not me. Next thing he is on about his physique when he served in the special forces, I'm now thinking 'hold on, this sounds familiar'. Shortly after he is on about F1 and by now the barman is just mutter the occasional "really", he blurts out that he has driven "about 9 F1 cars" and the joys of taking a car into a corner at 180 mph.

    By this point I can take no more, finish the drink and get out, after I had left I was really wanting to go back to see where this journey was going to lead to next. Mission to mars? fighting drug lords in Mexico?

    WTF goes on in these peoples minds?

  2. #2

    Super poster

    fullyautomatix 's job has never been outsourced

    fullyautomatix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Gaul
    Posts
    4,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minestrone View Post
    So I nip out to a pub at lunch time for a sneaky one, as soon as I get to the bar and get served I notice that one customer has clearly been boring the pish out of the eastern European single member of staff so decide to move straight to a seat to get out his range of conversation.

    I can hear him loudly mouthing off about the books he is writing at the moment and his style of writing and I am feeling really sorry for the barman but happy that it is him and not me. Next thing he is on about his physique when he served in the special forces, I'm now thinking 'hold on, this sounds familiar'. Shortly after he is on about F1 and by now the barman is just mutter the occasional "really", he blurts out that he has driven "about 9 F1 cars" and the joys of taking a car into a corner at 180 mph.

    By this point I can take no more, finish the drink and get out, after I had left I was really wanting to go back to see where this journey was going to lead to next. Mission to mars? fighting drug lords in Mexico?

    WTF goes on in these peoples minds?

    Sounds like what SAS would do. Was this in Wandsworth ?

  3. #3

    Godlike

    Doggy Styles is a permanent contractor


    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,818

    Default

    Sounds like threaded, in which case it was all true.

    Was he fat?

  4. #4

    More fingers than teeth

    minestrone is NOT a disguised employee

    minestrone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    15,998

    Default

    He is 12 stone, he was 16 & 1/2 stone when he was in the special forces.

  5. #5

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    35,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Sounds like what SAS would do. Was this in Wandsworth ?
    Don't be silly, I've never served in the forces.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  6. #6

    Godlike

    Doggy Styles is a permanent contractor


    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minestrone View Post
    He is 12 stone, he was 16 & 1/2 stone when he was in the special forces.
    Can't be threaded then, not at 12 stone.

    When he says 'special' forces, does he mean like special schools?

  7. #7

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brexit Britain
    Posts
    34,549

    Default

    Sasguru written all over it.

    I was miserable and depressed, but CUK turned it all around. Now I'm depressed and miserable.

  8. #8

    King of updation

    TestMangler - scorchio!

    TestMangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ardbeg, Isle Of Bute, Jock Land.
    Posts
    6,793

    Default

    Was just saying to Prince Charles this very morning as we parked our Aston Martins at the polo club, that these people who talk tulip about their achievements are a pain in the japs eye. Chas agreed, although he admitted that he once pretended to be a contractor so that he could get a hand job from a page three model in the Gala Casino in Leeds. I was there too that night, but I didn't witness Chas in action as I was at the cashiers office getting my million pound roulette winnings paid out.
    On Desolation Boulevard, they'd light the faded lights.....

  9. #9

    Fingers like lightning

    moggy is a permanent contractor

    moggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Can't be threaded then, not at 12 stone.

    When he says 'special' forces, does he mean like special schools?
    no the SAS - Surrey Ambulance Service.

  10. #10

    My post count is Majestic

    d000hg - scorchio!

    d000hg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    32,049

    Default

    Was it AussieLong?
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •