• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jimmy Savile 'household name' sweep

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I think we should have an "ometer" and register every paedophile as they are revealed over the Jimmy Savile scandal according to their political denomination. We can then decide once and for all whether paedos tend to be "righties" or "lefties".

So far, we have:

- Maggie's friend Jimmy Savile
    - Maggie's aide
    - Is Maggie's golden boy Hague implicated?

However, we shouldn't get to excited. Historically political scandals tend to be of a hypocritical nature. It always used to be the case that Tories with their moral crusades would be caught with their trousers down, Labour with their hands in the till, and Liberal leaders with murdered rent boys. It just went wrong with this rush to the political centre - Aitken taking bribes and Blunkett's dalliances. Hopefully we are seeing a return to the historical norm.

How far does it go: Jimmy Savile rumours: Met police to look into claims a Downing Street aide had links to paedophile network | Mail Online
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Privileged richies up to naughtiness behind closed doors? Never.
      you are suggesting only Righties are rich? Marx, Trotsky Lenin all came from Wealthy families. The current crop come from families well off enough to send their potential politician offspring to private school.

One of the reasons Prescott was ridiculed (BY BOTH SIDES) was that he came from a poor family.

'Power corrupts' - Rape & paedophilia are all about power and control so people that seek power in my opinion are more likely to use this as a way of satisfying the power LUST.
      Last edited by vetran; 29 October 2012, 10:30.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Poly ListenToMe of course grew up in the shadow of t' pit and got her degree at Oxford after learning to read from the back of the soap.

Polly Toynbee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Would it be cynical to suspect that "gategate" (Andew Mitchell's pleb rant, which we only have the officer's word for) and now this supposed paedo link to Downing Street is police payback for cuts and the introduction of special constables?
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            What did you expect from a man who sang the line

"I love you love, you're only two love"

Comment

Some comments on this thread are over the line of acceptable in my opinion.

They are, if not condoning, then trying to explain why an adult may have sex with a child under 16.

To me this is appalling. As a father of 3 under age children; I'd challenge any of you to share your peedo supporting opinions to my face and expect to leave the building without the aid of a stretcher....

Comment

Originally posted by DAG View Post
                Some comments on this thread are over the line of acceptable in my opinion.

They are, if not condoning, then trying to explain why an adult may have sex with a child under 16.

To me this is appalling. As a father of 3 under age children; I'd challenge any of you to share your peedo supporting opinions to my face and expect to leave the building without the aid of a stretcher....

Yes, the last thing we need in society is people trying to explain why things happen without condoning those things. Well done.
                The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                  Yes, the last thing we need in society is people trying to explain why things happen without condoning those things. Well done.
                  Another one who thinks its ok to validate peedo's. You're sick!

Comment

Did I say that?

George Frederic Watts

Comment

and you're thick - You can't even spell the word, even a shortened simplified version of it
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X