• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Why? I currently do 3-4 days a week and told them that I could come in for a day a week for 'einarbeitung.' In other words I can get my laptop, user accounts, all the paperwork sorted out and familiarise myself with their systems in advance and not spend the first week faffing about (and still get paid for it.) I've done this before with no problems and clients quite appreciate it that when you do come in properly you can get stuck in straightaway.
    It's just a personal thing. It doesn't matter what you agree as long as all parties are happy with it. It only matters that you get it in writing and all parties stick to what they've agreed to do. I took from what you said that there had been no formal agreement as yet, but they still wanted you to come in and work one day a week. Anyway, I hope your kennenlernen days go well.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Why? I currently do 3-4 days a week and told them that I could come in for a day a week for 'einarbeitung.' In other words I can get my laptop, user accounts, all the paperwork sorted out and familiarise myself with their systems in advance and not spend the first week faffing about (and still get paid for it.) I've done this before with no problems and clients quite appreciate it that when you do come in properly you can get stuck in straightaway.
      paid though?
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        paid though?
        Think I'm stupid or something? Actually, it does say that in my posting...
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          So you did get a ban

Nope. Thanks for asking.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
            Nope. Thanks for asking.
            Ah so I can put the renewed bromance down to what then?
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Ah so I can put the renewed bromance down to what then?
              I just thought I'd spend some time ridiculing your ineptitude.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                I just thought I'd spend some time ridiculing your ineptitude.
                Well if you've nothing better to do, fill yer boots.

Popping you on ignores.

Comment

Popping you on ignores.
                  I'll qoute spod if you like. that way you get to see the good insults

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    I'll qoute spod if you like. that way you get to see the good insults
                    Oh dear. 5 minutes on the naughty step 5*

Of you go. Don't put that lip out at me, the wind will change and you'll say looking like that. Off you go. Go on now. Right, I'll come and get you in five minutes.

Comment

Popping you on ignores.
                      Well someone has to be gainfully employed so that fat lazy dole scum can afford their flat-pack furniture.

Laters.

Comment

Working...
                      X