• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Musicians on CUK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're playing Rockabilly at the "Ranch" ...in Steinfurth near Frankfurt this coming Saturday, then again in mid December at Inter-Cultural Theatre in Frankfurt-Bornheim

Rock On....

I'm alright Jack

Comment

I sing alto and am currently considering taking up the ukulele
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I own a guitar. It's dusty.

Comment

Guitarist. Currently have an Epiphone Dot (ES-335 clone) and a Black Rickenbacker 330. Had a 360/12 but that got stolen (sob). Currently having rebuilt from parts a Fender Electric XII - love electric twelve-strings!

Also got a 'Semistrunka' - a Soviet seven-string acoustic made in 1960 in Leningrad.

Used to have a Roland Guitar Synth (not a Key-tar, proper guitar with late 1970's electronic wizardry) and a Shergold Six-string bass (Peter Hook phase)

Comment

There's plenty of comedians.

Then AtW, who just thinks he's funny.
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Thought it would be nice to know who else plays - I know Cliphead is semi-pro (if not pro) but who else?

I play acoustic guitar but I basically play or learn the chords, I struggle to understand music the way others can just play along, etc.
              acoustic and electric guitar pretty well with a dabble of piano. i can happily improvise along to anything but have no idea what any of the chords or notes are called. one day, one day...

Comment

I played Bass Trombone in a number of brass bands. Placed 3rd in the National Brass Band Competition one year. We really know how to party up here
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  And here is a secret recording from rehearsals

The Muppets: Bohemian Rhapsody - YouTube
                  While I aim to do a good job, I could never aspire to those heights of creative artistry.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I played guitar for one of the bands on this album:

Also released some stuff on a label mentioned in this article and here

My guitar: is currently in the cellar but keeps threatening a return along with the various effects pedals including the great Vox distortion pedal: and a fantastically rare and cool Japanese wah-wah pedal with built in sound effects from Companion

Used to also have a Roland SH101 synth but as it was monophonic it was a bit boring. Oh and I was 3rd trumpet in the school orchestra
                    Last edited by darmstadt; 20 November 2012, 19:40.
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

So we've got a CUK band, and enough (read 1 more than me) Welshmen to form a choir.

So Wembley or the Albert Hall next?

Comment

Working...
                      X